Radio, harnesses, part numbers. Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raminal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I have some parts I'd like to add to my 2012 but I need help.

I currently have a RES 130 radio without bluetooth (no BT or BT buttons) so I'm trying to add bluetooth. I don't care about the added Uconnect features of voice command, the only thing I'm concerned about is having the ability to pair my phone to the radio. I don't want aftermarket, and I don't need the bluetooth button module (see images below). So far I've managed to get a new RES 130 radio that has the BT buttons. I also have a BT module, but it's a little older: 05064070AH.

My first question is will this slightly older BT module work with the radio I'll be installing? I can't seem to find any info online if they're compatible. All the BT modules I see online look the same though so I have no reason right now to think they won't work together.

Next question I have is which harness do I need? In a different thread jawzs2 pointed out that I should just need harness 68061352AA but when I looked into it, I noticed there are two harness types and no matter which harness I look up online, they all seem to use picture A from below. It took me a while to find picture B. So I'm not sure which harness part 68061352AA actually is or which one I need. So now I'm paranoid.

A
i2246747.jpg

B
i2266423.jpg

In picture A there are extra wires for part 5 "Audio Gateway Module" and 6 "hands free button attachment". Harness B doesn't have those extra parts. I'd like to just get harness B but I'm not sure.

So I'm wondering is my BT module compatible?
Which harness do I need if I'm only going to buy the mic to go with it?

---

And, if it can be used, I found a Uconnect rear view mirror 55157457AC that has the intact wire harness. The part number on the mirror harness is faded but something close to 39064479AB. As for the harness connectors for the mirror, the loose connector does not currently fit into my BT module or radio so the mirror may be useless to me.