Radio install help needed please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueLightning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my radio crapped out a few weeks ago and I finally got the new setup in, just temporary til I get stateside and get something put in.

Here's my issue, I tried buying a radio from a local store and installed without the wiring harness from crutchfield and the only cuts I made were the ground, battery, and accessory wire. (These cuts were all made off the back of the factory harness). It wasn't working so now I have a different head unit and the wiring harness from crutchfield, I made all the speaker wire connections then went straight from the crutchfield harness to the wires I previously cut from the back of the factory harness. I'm not getting any power to my new head unit can anyone help me out? I can post pictures later if that will help someone solve my issues.

Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have blown the fuse. Check your fuses. There should also be an extra inline fuse you should check that as well. It should be in a wire that is running along the top of the firewall. See if you can find that fuse and check it as well.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That extra inline fuse is near the abs brake booster on the driver's side.
673e952de7f8b34c317c97f4121425ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats also because there is NO accessory wire behind the factory radio!

its all canbus which is why you need the modules. since you are going this route you will need to run your own accessory wire.

OP
OP
B

BlueLightning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the feedback! I didn't even think about the fuses and about running my own accessory wire any ideas for that?