Radio Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Truck
2016 Ram 1500 Sport w/ 8.4 nav radio RA3 i think

I want to remove the radio to do a lock pick install but i dont know how to to remove the center console to get at the bottom 2 bolts. Youtube videos all over how to remove the radio trim but i cant find anything on how to remove the top center console. It does not have the chrome ring that just pops out either. I tried that already. Any help would be great, pics would be awesome

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
You don't need to remove the console to remove the radio. Just take the top of it off and there's plenty of room. There are two screws under the pad at the front of the console below the radio in the tray, and one below the pad in the bottom. Comes out quite easily. There is like one wire to unplug on the bottom of it and you can set it on the seat next to you

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The Truck
2016 Ram 1500 Sport w/ 8.4 nav radio RA3 i think

I want to remove the radio to do a lock pick install but i dont know how to to remove the center console to get at the bottom 2 bolts. Youtube videos all over how to remove the radio trim but i cant find anything on how to remove the top center console. It does not have the chrome ring that just pops out either. I tried that already. Any help would be great, pics would be awesome

3 screws-2 underneath the center cubby at the top of the dash, above the radio. They are hidden under a small rubber mat. A third is hidden behind the rubber mat in the small cubby on the right side of the center dash, to the right of the radio.
If you have the center console there are 3 more screws to remove-first remove the rubber mat at the very front of the console (it's the large rectangular cubby, below the center dash. There will be two phillips screws under that mat. There will be one last screw under the center console mat next to the cup holders (mine was a bronze color). The center console pulls out easily, just disconnect the cigarette lighter plug. The center dash then removes by pulling towards the rear of the truck and I needed to remove the center console to get the dash out as the very bottom of the dash sits in front of the console and it won't come out otherwise.
There are harness plugs for the AC outlet, and 3 others in the center. The 4th one is behind the shifter, and that one requires you pull back on a small locking slider, then the usual seeing of the clip to pull it out.
The whole center dash comes off in one piece after that. I saw a video somewhere on Youtube. Go to Harbor Freight and get some plastic panel removal tools as you don't want to use a screwdriver to pry the panels.

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
KCaudill

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
b5rider thanks, exactly what i was looking for. I can find everything but removing the bucket seat center console. thanks again

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Yeah because my advice about not having to remove the entire thing wasn't helpful :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye