Radio screen froze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russo91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L turbo diesel
Radio is stuck showing Dodge Ram symbol and Sirius xm, center console inputs (usb, aux, 12v DC) no longer work either

I’ve tried pressing all the buttons and disconnecting the batteries overnight.

I have a two way radio and a fuel cell wired to my batteries, not sure if that could have caused the issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

• ED72559F-B0EE-4149-A9A4-4F0AF94401EE.jpg
    ED72559F-B0EE-4149-A9A4-4F0AF94401EE.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
R

Russo91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L turbo diesel
That didn’t work, any other ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Try a SW update via the USB port if nothing else is working. Otherwise it may need a new radio and whether or not the dealer blames it on your "aftermarket" vs warranty work is a crap shoot.

See the uConnect update site for the update file and directions. Is the Ra2 is factory installed then your Vin will be needed.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

tess4344

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.2 litre
I had the same thing happen, looked at all the posts on this issue and tried everything like disconnecting battery for 10 minutes up to 16 hrs and nothing worked. Tried every trick in the book like pushing the browse and mute together for 30 seconds, pushed every button to try and reset but nothing had worked.
Took it to my dodge dealership and they charged me $150 to diagnose only to tell me that I needed a new radio and they could provide that here in Canada for $800 + $150 to install + tax for a total of $1062 or I could try to find a used one which I did for $300.
My son helped me install it, the you tube videos show how to take old radio out and re-install replacement which helped but there are 2 extra screws to take out from bottom and one on right hand side cavity of bezel which weren't mentioned along with 2 top screws which were easy to take out.
Radio started working right away without needing anti-theft code that I had gone to great lengths to find through dealership.
I'm a happy camper now after listening to country music for 3 weeks, nothing wrong with country but not for 3 weeks straight.
Take Care