radio stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06reata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Update on the fm am issue. Purchased a new cable but did not fix the issue. Problem was with the terminal block that is soldier to the circuit board where the antenna plugs into the back of radio. Nothing visible was wrong but move it and fm would go on and off. I reheated the soldier joints (5 of them) and wallah everything works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

k2roland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having the exact same issue. replaced the antenna wire yesterday and same issue. So can you tell me a little more about what you had to do? sound like i need to remove the head unit, yay.. then what?

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another victim of the dreaded cold solder joints. Glad you found it and fixed it.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
06rata, you should do a write up on this. It could really be helpful. Seems like a few people are having that issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jschim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm confused as to how soldering that terminal block fixed the issue? I would think that the radio would not pull in stations if there was an issue with that connection. I mean...I'm willing to try it. Mine just stopped working today, as well. Sirius, UCI, and BT all work fine. Just no AM/FM.

Mary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 ram bighorn radio has static and only sat works. Sometimes it works fine for only 10-20 seconds then nothing. Satellite doesnt always work but most of the time it does. How do I check the antennae? It has been hitting a tree branch in my drive and it could be the problem.