Radio too loud during Nav voice prompts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamblinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I searched around for this but couldn't find anything. Any help would be great.

I just bought a 2017 Laramie 1500 and I'm pleased as hell with it. I'm coming from a 2012 Big Horn, so the updated electronics is a big thing for me.

In my old truck, though, when I was using the in-dash navigation the radio volume would turn WAY down when the lady spoke up to tell me when to turn. I normally listen to my radio pretty loud, because reasons, and I find in my new truck when she speaks up the radio volume doesn't turn down nearly as much.

I turned up her volume, but then when I get off the highway and turn my radio down so I can see better its like she's screaming at me. If I wanted a lady screaming at me when I make a wrong turn I'd being my girlfriend along.

In short, is there anyway I can tell the unit to turn the radio volume down further when the navigation lady speaks up?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great question .
On my 15 RA4 8.4NA the only option I have is to turn up the Nav voice .....; however, my radio does volume down automatically when Nav starts speaking ?

subscribed to see if there's a setting I'm unaware of

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm interested in what radio you have Sir ?
RA4 8.4NA with built in Navigation
Or
RA3 8.4 With Navigation added by the dealer ? ?

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
There's a lot more on here that are way more knowledgeable than me on this stuff, but I'm pretty sure, while the nav voice is actually speaking, your volume buttons on the steering wheel, will turn that voice down. It must be when she is speaking though (as far as I remember)

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know when shes speaking you can actually use the volume knob on the radio to adjust her attitude and that will be her volume from there forward. As well its deep in the menus I cant remember where right now but I want to say its in the navigation settings under voice prompts

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
^^^ Exactly. While she's talking just turn down the volume. That will be the set volume that she talks at.

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ Exactly. While she's talking just turn down the volume. That will be the set volume that she talks at.

Correct. There is also a setting in the menu to set the Max volume. I wish the system would remember the last volume level the Nav (or Phone) was set and hold that but it resets to your defined default every damn time you restart the truck.

OP
OP
R

RamblinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys!

Thanks for the help with that. I had already turned her up but the problem is the music volume stays too loud when she comes on. So I can turn her up even more, but then when I turn the radio down she stays at the same level.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being picky, but I appreciate all your help!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct. There is also a setting in the menu to set the Max volume. I wish the system would remember the last volume level the Nav (or Phone) was set and hold that but it resets to your defined default every damn time you restart the truck.
Hmmmm? My 2015 RA4 8.4NA Radio in my 2014 Ram does not do this ?

When I set the Nav volume level , I set it to 20 ( I typically listen to music @15-17)
When my Nav volume speaks it's always louder than my music AND just before my Nav begins to speak it does turn the music down ...... and when I cycle power or restart the truck my previous volume settings ( Nav or otherwise ) always stay the same .
Maybe I'm just lucky ?
I do not recall a setting to lower the music to when Nav starts to speak , it just always lowers when the Nav kicks in .
I'm certin there's a setting (at least on my radio) to set the Nav volume to .

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
b8fde7fcad78657bea66025d4095188c.jpg

Found the manual volume setting under nav-settings-guidance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk