Ram Ra3 radio stuck in metric settings..?.????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Took my truck in to have a brake controller put in for towing. The Brake controller works great but my radio is in metric. The temp is in Celsius. And when I use gps its kilometers.... Oh and I can't set specific t mos its eith r cold or hot.... Anyone ran into this ever before?

It was at the dealer all afternoon and they don't know but are claiming it's the HVAC module....

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
embrace it!! there's only 2 other countries in the wold not on metric.one of 'ems BURMA. i'm very sorry ,i couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It was at the dealer all afternoon and they don't know but are claiming it's the HVAC module....

If it was correct before, it should work when you leave or they should fix it.

I wonder if they screwed up a setting or sales code.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

OP
OP
R

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Something got screwed up. They put in head module and still the same now there saying the build sheet is electronic and is an issue when it's updated by someone adding new parts it does that.. According to the dealer in town they talked to CHRYSLER and it's a known issue when somethings added and there working on a update for the software...

Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
You may want to Pm member... RamCares ... (actual customer service rep) about this problem. She has been involved in the other brake controller problem thread.

A thorough investigation has been launched for this concern. Testing is underway and we are awaiting conclusive results. These processes take time. We appreciate your continued patience in this matter. As I previously stated, I will update this thread when information is made available.

If the dealer can't get anywhere with it they should be opening a "STAR" case to get their super Star techs involved. They should be able to give you the Star case number if they do.
Otherwise you might want to consider a different dealership if one is nearby, but contact RAM customer service's 800 number and the forum Rep also.

Adding the brake module should not be creating this kind of problem.

PS:
- Are the metric units only being displayed on the ra3 or is it also on the instrument panel.

- have they tried to reset the radio yet from the dealer/engineering menu?
* Dealer Mode (Use this to identify your Radio's P/N and S/N !)
......... Hold Hot+Cold+Front defrost buttons for 5 seconds

* Engineering Mode
........ Hold Hot+cold buttons for 5 seconds

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
maybe I can help. In regards to celsius on the plus side of 32/0 just double the celsuis number and add approx 28 ie 25C is 25+25+28 so approx 78. Otherwise I hope they figure it out. Oh and the only place that C & F meet is at -40.