Rattle in window switch in driver door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey everyone,

since i got my new ram ive noticed a rattle in the drivers side window master switch from the bass in the music. i dont have the music blasting (i actually cant hear it when the music is too loud) and damn is it ever annoying. i can put my knee against the arm rest in front of the switch and the rattle will stop.

i brought it into dodge and they said they used some foam tape to try and muffle the rattle but that didnt do anything to help. going back this week so they can try again :3681700201_eef6d1e2

has anyone else gotten this on their trucks? and if so, how did you get it to stop. just looking for some info so i can help dodge FIO.

thanks

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought dynamat and did my doors. Some around where the switch mounts helped a little. It drives me nuts how cheap the panels are

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I agree with above post...get some butyl based dampener like Dynamat, or Stinger road kill, take door panel off and push window switch up and out of its pocket (you can unplug window switch harnesses if need be) apply small dampener patches around the window switch, and all around the pocket where it resides. Don't put too much on the sides of switch (it might now squeeze back into pocket). I would go a bit overboard with this as you don't want to remove panel again if the buzz is still there after first application. Where I live, you can go to local car audio shops and they have pre-cut 8x11" sheets of dampener...usually $10-20 sheet. Make sure you press-roll the dampener after you apply it to panel. This will do the trick....nothing drives me more nuts than resonances buzzing while Iam listening to tunes....until then, crank the volume brother! Best of luck

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought dynamat and did my doors. Some around where the switch mounts helped a little. It drives me nuts how cheap the panels are

I agree with above post...get some butyl based dampener like Dynamat, or Stinger road kill, take door panel off and push window switch up and out of its pocket (you can unplug window switch harnesses if need be) apply small dampener patches around the window switch, and all around the pocket where it resides. Don't put too much on the sides of switch (it might now squeeze back into pocket). I would go a bit overboard with this as you don't want to remove panel again if the buzz is still there after first application. Where I live, you can go to local car audio shops and they have pre-cut 8x11" sheets of dampener...usually $10-20 sheet. Make sure you press-roll the dampener after you apply it to panel. This will do the trick....nothing drives me more nuts than resonances buzzing while Iam listening to tunes....until then, crank the volume brother! Best of luck

thanks guys will definitely try this out. kinda messed up how they havent tackled issues like this in a 50k$ + truck :puke:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same issue, and going to fix it with the advice given above. I will use buytl rope since it isn't as messy though.

Mgmlot93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just did this. I put Dynamat on the door, the door panel and everywhere i could get to in the switch "hole". I would say it helped about 50%. Its ridiculous.

Mgmlot93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
**Update** I pulled the switch assembly back out and added another layer of Dynamat all over inside the opening and covered as much of the switch assembly as i could and have it fit back in (it was really tight after). But, the rattle/vibration is completely gone. Finally.

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
**Update** I pulled the switch assembly back out and added another layer of Dynamat all over inside the opening and covered as much of the switch assembly as i could and have it fit back in (it was really tight after). But, the rattle/vibration is completely gone. Finally.

well after bringing my truck into dodge theyre replacing the whole panel. they groaned and grumbled about it but, they are trying to make it right. if this doesnt work then dynamat will be the way to go.

1300$ panel im told..crazy for such a cheaply made thing

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
its like a $400 panel for the sport. i just ordered one cause i bought a set on ebay and one got damaged in shipping.

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
its like a $400 panel for the sport. i just ordered one cause i bought a set on ebay and one got damaged in shipping.

dealership told me 1300$ when i called a couple days ago. then said came to just under 1000$ today. probably labour and what not.

my stuff is also in canadian dollars