RCSB Audio Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys finally got around to getting a pic of my stereo equipment I will be trying out in my truck. The run down is:
HU- Pioneer DEH-80PRS
4ch- Skar audio 85.4
Mono- Skar audio 800.1
6.5in- Soundqubed QP-MR6.5
Super tweets- Soundqubed QP-TH25
10in sub- Skar audio VVX dual 4 ohm
Now everything will be run active with no passive xovers and amplifiers will be set using a handheld didgital oscilloscope I plan to pick up shortly. I will also clamp the mono amp and see what kind of power the subwoofer is seeing on music if I can find my fluke DDM that I had years ago. Thanks for taking a look and I would love to hear everyones opinions as I will probably be changing up the speakers and subwoofer down the road.

Attachments

• stereo stuff.jpg
    stereo stuff.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 387

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never heard of Skar. (Doesn't mean much, I'm not super into car audio)
I look forward to the install.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They started a company in FL in 2010 I think and had help from Sundown getting off the ground with some of the designs so figure I would give them a shot. I found some smoking deals on their amplifiers so that was even better.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
good stuff. where are you going to put your sub box?

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Initially I will have a downward fire fox box that one side was crushed on but I will be building a sealed box for the center of the truck down the road. I have the ablity now to test the fox product so why not and I want to get more confident in my building skills before I start cutting up sheets of birch.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
cool looking foward to the build...are you going to do any sound deadening?

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I think I am going to use Stinger Roadkill since I can get it locally if I need to go back for more.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thats great i still havnt decided on which one to use im either going with dynomat dead skin or hushmat

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is another one I wanted to try from Soundqubed cause it just looks stout and its relatively inexpensive but for me its not local.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
are you going to do the whole truck?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They started a company in FL in 2010 I think and had help from Sundown getting off the ground with some of the designs so figure I would give them a shot. I found some smoking deals on their amplifiers so that was even better.

Neat. It seems more often than not the install makes things sound ******, not the equipment. I look forward to seeing the install in progress.

Maybe some motivation for my own build.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks and yes I am looking at doing the whole truck. I still haven't made up my mind though on weather to pull the headliner down or not.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
it will be worth it in the long run.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats what I was thinking even if it is just to get some sorta material up there to stop the thing from rattling my mirror to crap lol.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
nice man. Where did you get the skar amp?

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got them from Skaraudio.com at a pretty decent pice because they used them for show.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Those are some large format tweeters. What's the diameter of those tweeter bases?
4"?
Where are you going to mount them?
Your system has the potential to sound really good man.
Running the 80prs active is the only way to go!

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They should actually get pretty close to being a drop in for the 3.5s in the dash. I figure I might have to fab a spacer to get them to fit right but right now they look close. Also I will put money down that they sound to bright for me but they were inexpensive to see what a dedicated tweet sounds like off the front glass. Thanks I don't want to go massive amounts of power just for the fact its a Reg Cab and in my experience with pickups more power doesn't always sound the best.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
They should actually get pretty close to being a drop in for the 3.5s in the dash. I figure I might have to fab a spacer to get them to fit right but right now they look close. Also I will put money down that they sound to bright for me but they were inexpensive to see what a dedicated tweet sounds like off the front glass. Thanks I don't want to go massive amounts of power just for the fact its a Reg Cab and in my experience with pickups more power doesn't always sound the best.

Yea, I'm running my tweets in the factory 3.5 location firing up as well.
There's pro's and cons to it...one con is reflections, but eq work can minimize this...even a dash pad helps.
But the positives are great stage height, stage width is very wide, a good level of center staging can be obtained too. My friend has his tweets in a-pillars in his Ram...his stage never goes wider than where his tweets are on the pillars, however, mine go a bit wider than that...I have thought about doing pillars, but the factory look, and the width Iam getting have always kept me from doing this. One thing that helped a lot...(since you may need some sort of spacer is to angle your tweeters slightly towards the center)
I think you'll be happy with the dash location. With the 80prs, after you set your tweeter gains, you can always back the levels down if your tweets are too bright off the glass, or back off certain frequencies if you are experiencing spikes somewhere in the frequencies...gotta love processing abilities!
Your power levels are fine....as long as your speakers are fairly efficient....mine are not! lol

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the reflection is exactly what I was worried about and that is a big reason I went with the 80prs. I am also for the factory look and have thought about cutting up the Apillar but now that you said it doesn't get any wider I'm just going to stick playing with angles in factory location. The PA stuff should be relatively efficient but if I'm not liking how they sound I am looking seriously at a set of Morel Supremes. Have a family memeber running them in a HT stereo and OMG sound so good. Thanks for the advice.