RealTimeHelp - Remind Me What These Underseat Connectors Are

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2014 Ram Express w CD player, manual seats.

I'm pretty sure the small plug with the green ink pen mark is the mini hdmi for either the usb or the cd player but what's the bigger connector with the wires that comes from under the carpet, simply connects into another connector that attaches to the underseat metal brakcet, and continues from there back under the carpet and forward? I'm thinking this is all center console wiring?

See pics. Thanks in advance.

Picture of all 3 connectors.
24323647158_5005ec03c3_k.jpg

What I think is either the usb or the cd player since it's a mini hdmi connection.
24323644148_6c3a43bd92_b.jpg

The bigger connector opened up for a better view. Wires are Black, Blue w Purple Stripe, Red with Green Stripe, and Red with Yellow Stripe. Power distribution for the usb, center console cigarette lighter, power to the cd player?
38176152371_410614c014_b.jpg

38176148861_b57dffa6bb_b.jpg

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
prewire for power seats. Generally, Ram wires similar for multiple trim levels (not always though!).

OP
OP
O.R.T.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
prewire for power seats. Generally, Ram wires similar for multiple trim levels (not always though!).

I'm hoping it's all just to the center console is all.
Anyone got a solid answer? I can’t see these in the diagram.

Last edited:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It’s all center console. That connector is actually referred to as the “inline body console seat center”

The only heated seat components that would be in it would be power and panel lights for the rear heated seat buttons if you had a console that had the buttons on the back of it. All of the heated/vented seat wires run though the yellow i400 and the grey i401 connector which are located closer to the door. (Depending on your trim level, you might not have the 20 pin grey i401 connector, might just have the yellow i400).

The middle connector is your media hub, sd card, etc. and the right connector is USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk