Rear LED / Resistor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyxs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 12 Ram R/T that I've put LED rear signals in. Problem is, EVIC is giving me a hassle about a light being out so I need to install a resistor in the line.

Instructions on the resistor say to splice into the line that handles the flash/brake signal. My problem is, I don't know which one to tap. My connector has 3 wires: Black / White-Green Stripe / White-Green Stripe. I assume the Black is ground, but unknown about the other two.

Can anyone tell me which one handles the flasher?

Alternatively, if anyone can turn me on to where I could purchase a service manual for my truck, that would be great! Can't seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks y'all
Nyxs

**and with my first post, I manage to get it in the wrong sub-forum. If a mod wouldn't mind moving it to the correct one*** Sorry

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
One wire is going to be running lights, and one will be the brake/turn lights. Are you sure they're both the same color?

It should be

Parking Lamp: White with Violet Tracer
Brake Light: White with Yellow Tracer

Not sure if it's exactly a service manual, but an easy way to get some info on the truck would be through Ram Body Builder

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Those resistor look nice I might have to put me some of those up myself. Thanks for the link.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Those are same resistors most companies sell just has the bracket which you can get from most places where did you buy your leds's from. When u install them heres a good place they are not close to wires or the light and its metal
DSC01734.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also you want to tap into the 2 outside wires and leave the middle wire untouched it just forms a loop

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF

OP
OP
N

Nyxs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all of the help, gentlemen. I'll verify the striping on the wires, but I could have swore they were both green. If, as Blackout says, it's just the two outside wires, that should be easy enough to tap into.

I'll let y'all know how it goes after all this rain gets out of Dallas in the next day or so.

Glad to be here - will post pics soon :)

Cheers!
Shane