Rear view camera to aftermarket radio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I have tried searching for answers but didn't find any so here goes.

I just bought a 2013 CC 1500 with the RA1 NoConnect 3.0 radio. I want something better but balk at the idea of tearing down my headliner to put in a new mirror with microphones in and run the required wiring harness. I am thinking of a Kenwood double din touch screen replacement since I don't need to worry about losing the customer programmable feature settings since they are done through the EVIC on my truck and I don't have any steering wheel radio controls. I do however have a rear view mirror that has the back up camera monitor. Is it possible to install the aftermarket Kenwood double din touch screen and change the monitor for the backup camera to it instead of to the mirror?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Would I need any special adapters for the radio install?

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
T

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply.

What is the purpose of the Idatalink and the Maestro? I don't have steering wheel controls and my settings are all controlled through the evic on the cluster. The radio I have is just the crappy base radio.

Thanks

MikeG_2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did you also have to get the AVCH1 in addition to the CH1 adapters? I am looking at this mod as well and looking at the iDataLink setup. Want to make sure I am getting all that I need to use the factory camera along with other options

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
There is a thread on here on how to tap into the factory backup camera and use it on a after market unit

DSC_0008_zpsp48jcqyj.jpg

I'll find the thread for you

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed a new usb/aux port in the areas shown in the circles I thought that would be a perfect place to put a couple of these sine the factory ones in the center console won't work anymore?

Attachments

• 85a05eb2dad94f6e980bab9c0a828ed8.jpg
    85a05eb2dad94f6e980bab9c0a828ed8.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,385
  • h068USBPORT-F.jpg
    h068USBPORT-F.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 145

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I removed the cigarette lighter/acc supply with something similar. It's a USB charging port for a motorcycle. So I tapped into the 12v feed for the cig lighter. I did use that one but installed mine under the bezel close to the floor so my ipod stays out of site

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you also have to get the AVCH1 in addition to the CH1 adapters? I am looking at this mod as well and looking at the iDataLink setup. Want to make sure I am getting all that I need to use the factory camera along with other options

Yes, forgot to add the harness you will need it if you want it to be as easy as possible.

If I wanted to go back to factory all I have to do is unplug the new stuff and plug the factory stuff right back the way it was.

Other stuff I needed was
Antenna Adapter Works with select 2002-up vehicles with amplified antenna (Motorola male to OEM antenna female) at Crutchfield.com
iDatalink Maestro SAT1 Satellite radio antenna adapter — use your vehicle's factory satellite radio antenna with the SiriusXM tuner at Crutchfield.com

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Hello all,

I have tried searching for answers but didn't find any so here goes.

I just bought a 2013 CC 1500 with the RA1 NoConnect 3.0 radio. I want something better but balk at the idea of tearing down my headliner to put in a new mirror with microphones in and run the required wiring harness. I am thinking of a Kenwood double din touch screen replacement since I don't need to worry about losing the customer programmable feature settings since they are done through the EVIC on my truck and I don't have any steering wheel radio controls. I do however have a rear view mirror that has the back up camera monitor. Is it possible to install the aftermarket Kenwood double din touch screen and change the monitor for the backup camera to it instead of to the mirror?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Would I need any special adapters for the radio install?
Hi just seen this thread I have the Kenwood double din touch screen I luv it I put one in my charger about 3 months ago and liked it so much as soon as I got my Ram I put one in there
I got both units at crutchfield.com and then I have Best Buy do the installations for me while I shop for other stuff it was quick cheap and easy on the truck the installation girl told me she could put a rear view camera in and get me out the door for like $150 there at Best Buy and it would be compatible with the Kenwood.

If you with the Kenwood you going to love it the touch screen I went with the 6.2 DVD player touch screen in both automobiles

Hope that helps

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi just seen this thread I have the Kenwood double din touch screen I luv it I put one in my charger about 3 months ago and liked it so much as soon as I got my Ram I put one in there
I got both units at crutchfield.com and then I have Best Buy do the installations for me while I shop for other stuff it was quick cheap and easy on the truck the installation girl told me she could put a rear view camera in and get me out the door for like $150 there at Best Buy and it would be compatible with the Kenwood.

If you with the Kenwood you going to love it the touch screen I went with the 6.2 DVD player touch screen in both automobiles

Hope that helps
When you get a chance can you provide the model number of your headunit and back up cam. Thanks.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l