Recommend a Security system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've had this truck for 2 months now and have had it in my possession for maybe 3 weeks. A week of it was in the shop for warranty work on the rear quarter panels for mismatched paint from the factory. I brought it home that friday and that saturday someone broke in and stole my radio and valuable belongings. :puke:

I don't want this to happen again. I would love a security system to do everything in it power to protect my truck besides activate a sentry turret.

What I have learned and what you should know about your brand new dodge ram. Theives can break into the rear passenger window(crowbar to the corner will shatter the glass with a little bit of prying), hop in, loot your belongings, break your radio bezel, steal the radio, and leave without sounding the car alarm. They have hit the metro detroit area like a wave. Hitting apartment complexes, dealerships, They have stolen 35 radios right out of chryslers storage lots, 80 RADIOs out of a dealership parking lot.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm still using the factory alarm but have considered tying a glass break sensor or motion sensor to the door switch circuit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Compustar alarm on my old car. I loved it and it worked flawlessly. I drove that car daily for a long time. I will warn you though.... fancy alarm systems will eat your battery if you dont use the car often.

That being said Compustar is the only one I would put in my vehicle IF mine didnt have a factory one. I

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm still using the factory alarm but have considered tying a glass break sensor or motion sensor to the door switch circuit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I wanted to add this feature to the alarm I was going to install. They also make perimeter ones too.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All alarms have pros/cons

An alarm will not stop theft all it may do is deter a theft.
Glass break sensor- rattling of keys wll set it off
motion sensor- anything will set them off as they are too sensitive i use to call them "ant detectors"
shock sensors work well, but trucks are tough as usually the shock sensor is mounted somewhere around the steering column so that area is most sensitive and the opposite corner of the truck is not at all.

then you go to an alarm is only as good as the install. i have seen $500+ alarms have nothing but issues as the installer did a terrible job. and i have seen cheap china ebay alarms work flawless as the install was solid.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Directed or Compustar is fine. I recommend Compustar personally. Eitherway I would go with a two-way sensor and glass-break, or a second shock sensor in the rear of the truck. If they jump on the bed this would set it off. A good piezo inside is super annoying as well.