Remote issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kiebers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram and my son has a 2016 ram. Recently neither one of us are able to use the fob unless we are standing at the vehicle door and we can only unlock at the door, nothing else works. Cannot remote start from inside the house or lock or unlock anymore. Any where else but at our house, everything works fine. Never had this problem before. Also just allowed the Uconnect to upgrade and it seems the issue started then. I know it probably is not the upgrade since everything works fine every where but home. Are there devices that jam fob signals? Has anyone else had this issue?

I did try to search the problem so if there is a thread on this already feel free to merge.

OP
OP
K

Kiebers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May have found the answer. Sure makes sense.

I finally used the right search terms on Google and saw there are key fob jammers sold. They also can block drones. Have several new neighbors so one of them could be doing it. So if you have an issue like I had....could be it. I think someone may be worried about surveillance drones.
SK3J9ue.gif

Ain't we havin' fun

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow...that is a tin foil hat issue...

Odd issue...makes sense though.

Sorry you have to deal with it.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Gotta wonder whats going through someones head when they buy something like this.

There are ALOT more things to worry about in life than your neighbors being able to start their cars and surveillance drones... Are they drug dealers? I suppose...you never know.

Still seems silly to me to be so paranoid that I'd buy one of these.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Since signal jammers are illegal for civilians to operate in the US, if you really think someone locally has one, call the FCC and ask them to send someone from the closest office out to check.

-K

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keyless entry remotes to comply with fcc regulations must accept interference. I have seen this many times in a dealer parking lot. Back when i installed i could have 3 cars next to one another getting remote starts installed and the same thing would happen.