Remote start $189 - TODAY ONLY! (12/28/15)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of people asked me about the deal I got on my remote start, well, Best Buy is running the deal as their deal of the day. Grab it while you can. $189 was out the door installed for me. The only other thing I had to add was a $10 hood sensor, so $199 (plus tax) installed. It works great for me. I can use the remote with it (which I do), or I can just use my factory remote and press lock 3X.

CompuStar Remote Start Kit with Interface and Geek Squad Installation - Best Buy

Attachments

• DOD.jpg
    DOD.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you missed it last month, the deal is on again today.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish this was honoured in Canada.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A friend at work got it for his 2007 1500 and he needed the hood switch $10 and a relay of some sort for $20 I think it was. Otherwise, his was a pretty easy install as well. The good thing for him was, his OEM key fob stopped working, so he had to manually unlock his doors; now he has remote lock/unlock again.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That SmartStart is an add-on to a Viper Remote Start system. Your installer can install the Compustar Kit and still give you 3x lock start as well.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(I'm guessing by default), when they installed the Compustar it gives me the 3X option. I can use my factory remote lock-X-3 to start, or I can use the CS remote. I like the CS remote start since I don't want my horn honking X3 when I start it. - yes, I could turn off the lock/horn confirm, but I like that feature.

On a side note, it's nice to have a MagnaFlow exhaust since I can definitely hear my truck start from inside my house - even when I turn on the shower water, then start the truck and let it warm up while I get ready.

Last edited: