Remote start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raynor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram crew purchased November. Since new I have had random failures of remote start feature. Been back to dealer on multiple occasions , established case file with Customer service and Star files. No progress on repair.

Happens about 30% of remote start attempts. Push Fob twice , horn sounds twice and nothing ( no attempt to even turn over) Dash read "REMOTE START ACTIVE KEY TO RUN". I am reading the dash thru the window, because if I open the door the dash reads "REMOTE START CANCELLED DOOR OPEN".

Dealer has replaced Vehicle Control Mod, verified programming of FOBs, verified no code exist in computer and has told me he does not know what to do next.

I even took pictures of dash showing the REMOTE START ACTIVE KEY TO RUN with zero rpm's on the tach so that he could sent pictures to tech assistance to convince them of problem.

They don't know what to do to correct problem and I don't know what to do next???

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On some of the earlier years there was a hood switch for the alarm that was the culprit. It was an adjustment of the switch. The remote start will not function if the alarm isn't set properly. You will get the 2 beeps but no start.

OP
OP
R

raynor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info I will check it out, but I would like to think the dealer on one of the multiple stays at the dealer would have found it. Sometimes they miss what is right in front of them.

I am at a point where neither dealer or customer service even calls me back.
There solution is live with it and when a solution is found we will call. Which would be Ok if I thought they were even looking for a fix.

Any idea where I can go (contact) to get some action.

OP
OP
R

raynor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am convince Ram just wants me to go away. They would even return calls.

They acknowledge the problem but have no idea on a repair.

I am considering filing under the lemon law just to get their attention. I consider a truck they can't fix a LEMON.

Any ideas????

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to a different dealer. And call ram directly. It's not going to be a hood or door pin sensor as the truck seems to think it's already started from what the op says. Def a firmware/communication issue in my opinion. They need to find the factory remote start module and swap it out or possibly power cycle it.

OP
OP
R

raynor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, they already replaced the body control module.

I have a case file directly with Ram Customer Service, the dealer started something called a STAR file, plus something called a VIN specific file.

I will try another dealer although I like the one I am using. I just don't think they know what to do next and they are not getting any technical assistance from Ram

OP
OP
R

raynor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Problem continues, contacting Customer Service has gotten me nothing and the Dealer won't even return calls.

I am going to try another dealer although I have little faith in the ability of dealers to repair the problem. All they do is look for code failures and verify it working at that moment.

I need help and ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!