Remote Starts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,

I live in Alberta, Canada and in the winter months we deal with extremely cold weather conditions. So I decided that I'd put a remote start kit in my truck. I don't want to go with the factory one so was looking for something aftermarket. Something with a decent range and nothing to fancy, just minimal amount of buttons will do.

Thanks!

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I am stoked with mine. Details here. Includes small 2-way FOB with LED lock/unlock and start buttons. Had mine set for 30 min engine runtime and have verified range thru Central Texas hill country of more than 1/4 mile distance. It took 10 minutes to install. 1 splice, 2 plugs, and routing the antenna cable. Boom. "Ebay Doug" will set you up. As soon as you get in the truck, put your foot on the brake, engine quits -- nice safety feature. Good luck!

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With "dougs" kit you can either use your factory fob, or an extended range fob.

many many many of the members on here have used him and are happy

OP
OP
2001ram1500

2001ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am stoked with mine. Details here. Includes small 2-way FOB with LED lock/unlock and start buttons. Had mine set for 30 min engine runtime and have verified range thru Central Texas hill country of more than 1/4 mile distance. It took 10 minutes to install. 1 splice, 2 plugs, and routing the antenna cable. Boom. "Ebay Doug" will set you up. As soon as you get in the truck, put your foot on the brake, engine quits -- nice safety feature. Good luck!

Okay, I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks!

Fbnmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found one on Amazon that works with factory key fob, super simple installation