Remote turn on with OEM HU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toolfreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram with the 8.4AN HU and I want to use a relay to turn on my 2 amps & 4 other components and none of them have the ability to sense a signal from speaker input and turn on automatically so here is the question. Most of what I read about relays is I can run a wire from the battery to terminal 87 and put an inline fuse on it, terminal 85 will be the ground, and terminal 30 will go to the different components. But most of the diagrams show terminal 86 to hook to the remote wire off the HU but the 8.4AN does not have one, so what do I hook it to to run all the components. Also since the HU does not turn off and stays on does it make sense to put in a switch inline also so I can switch the remote on and off?
Thanks,
Toolfreak

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep cig plug is where I ran mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mikeymegaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006&2003&2005
Engine
hemi&cummins&viper
Hi my name is Mike on my last truck I usedthe cig lighter
Also what are you using to make pre amp singnal to the amps

OP
OP
T

Toolfreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am using the audio control l2ci but here is my concern. I have to have a remote turn on for 2 zapco amps, audio control 4.1, esp2, and 4xs and audio control said it would be too much to use the lc2i to turn everything on so i was thinking of using a relay. I am concerned about using the cigarette lighter for all and was going to use a relay but most of the diagrams i see show to hook the remote from the headunit but the 8.4an does not have one so looking for the best solution.
Mike

mikeymegaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006&2003&2005
Engine
hemi&cummins&viper
Use a relay off of the audio control 12 ci

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members