Replacement Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how much power the head unit is capable pushing to the speakers? I would like to upgrade mine too but don't want to add an amp.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how much power the head unit is capable pushing to the speakers? I would like to upgrade mine too but don't want to add an amp.

Not very much and not very cleanly.

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the OP, if money is the concern at this time, save up and do what you want the first time and do it right. These are nice trucks and they have a huge amount of potential when it comes to mind blowing car audio. They just sound good when done properly. If you scrap a system together quickly on a budget (which we all have a budget $$$) you may end up not happy in the end, and you may even start replacing stuff down the road which will ultimately waste time and money in the long run. If you want killer sound, the equation is quite simple....spend most of your budget on front components....that's the meat and potatoes of the system. After that....good, clean power. Then a nice, simple sub stage. Save your money and forget about the rear doors....they really offer nothing to the big picture. If you hear your rear door speakers, you've tuned it incorrectly....rear speakers should simply add ambiance and some "fill" and that's about it.
Regarding rattles, resonances, and buzzes....remove the outer door panel and sound deaden all sides of the door panel. There are many tutorials on this and it is very effective. It will also increase midbass performance in your doors as well.
Do it right the first time.....while saving that money....do research
best of luck!

This is the approach one takes when getting a full sleeve, several trips to the tattooist over time. You can walk around with a partially complete tattoo for years. I'm going to an installer this week to see what that path will offer for product and price including installation. My newest idea is to get an amp to power new components in the front and a sub. I can let the rears be driven by the head unit as I listen to rears for ambiance/fill/effect only.

OP
OP
zstampe

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the approach one takes when getting a full sleeve, several trips to the tattooist over time. You can walk around with a partially complete tattoo for years. I'm going to an installer this week to see what that path will offer for product and price including installation. My newest idea is to get an amp to power new components in the front and a sub. I can let the rears be driven by the head unit as I listen to rears for ambiance/fill/effect only.

*********. I don't appreciate you coming in here and reminding me of stuff I really want to spend more money on. Now I'm looking at full sleeves again. [emoji23][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zstampe

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished this project up tonight, no pics of the dash speakers though. And wow what a difference in power and sound quality even without an amp. The stock speakers were a joke, tiny magnets, paper cones etc. This is probably the best $150 I've spent on my truck in the last two years of owning it.

5167b7866635c27b96d23ea4f2795a79.jpg

3465e0bb0cfcea1dae5e99c37d7accad.jpg

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So despite Crutchfield stating the speakers do not fit my 2014 Ram 1500 Crew due to depth in the front, no issues with the window?

St3althM0de

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Express black out
Engine
5.7Hemi
Finished this project up tonight, no pics of the dash speakers though. And wow what a difference in power and sound quality even without an amp. The stock speakers were a joke, tiny magnets, paper cones etc. This is probably the best $150 I've spent on my truck in the last two years of owning it.

5167b7866635c27b96d23ea4f2795a79.jpg

3465e0bb0cfcea1dae5e99c37d7accad.jpg

Did you end up going with 6x9's in the front as well?

OP
OP
zstampe

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So despite Crutchfield stating the speakers do not fit my 2014 Ram 1500 Crew due to depth in the front, no issues with the window?

They touch a cross member inside the door, but don't affect the window or rattle or anything. If you watch the video I posted on the original post it explains that. [emoji1303]

Did you end up going with 6x9's in the front as well?

Yes.

Last edited:

St3althM0de

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Express black out
Engine
5.7Hemi
All of the speakers are on the factory head unit? How's it sound?

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the DSs don't clear the front? That sucks. Was looking at them for mine. I'm a weirdo and all my stuff has to match i.e. be the same brand. Do any 6x9s just plug/play fit in the front doors?

OP
OP
zstampe

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the DSs don't clear the front? That sucks. Was looking at them for mine. I'm a weirdo and all my stuff has to match i.e. be the same brand. Do any 6x9s just plug/play fit in the front doors?

The ones I bought are fairly shallow, they touch a metal bar in the front but no other problems or interference.

I'm the same way, I'll buy all one brand.

I can't answer as to what will fit and what won't fit but I do know these can be made to work fairly easily. I'm sure if you look up the specs on the speakers it will list the depth of them.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would suggest putting some type of rubber between the speaker magnet and that metal door piece. Just something to absorb any vibrations so that you don't wind up with buzzing at higher volumes.

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Unfortunately, sometimes that full sleeve is a tribal tattoo; Same as getting speakers that sound bad. You'll have to live with those bad decisions

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, sometimes that full sleeve is a tribal tattoo; Same as getting speakers that sound bad. You'll have to live with those bad decisions

Trust me I am in a dilemma with what to do. It would be easy if the money tree sprouted up.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I picked up the front/rear/dash Kicker combo also as an inexpensive upgrade to my system. I actually have high end gear already for it, but honestly I'd rather use that gear in my next car, and use the Kicker just to improve in my Ram. Who knows, if I change my mind I've got several extra pieces audio wise that I could use.

F.O.F