Retaining Settings with Aftermarket Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NomadTrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I don't want to go the iDatalink route and just install an aftermarket radio I understand that the settings will not be accessible. I have a Uconnect 5.0 RA2. It doesn't have NAV or Climate. So the settings are mostly alarm honk, lighted pathway, and power off delay.

If I set the settings on my RA2 and then unplug it will the truck remember the settings or is that all stored inside the radio?

If I replace the radio with an aftermarket unit what happens to all those settings? Will the horn not honk when I lock the doors and will the lights not stay on after I turn off the truck?

Thanks,

OP
OP
N

NomadTrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I don't want to go the iDatalink route and just install an aftermarket radio I understand that the settings will not be accessible. I have a Uconnect 5.0 RA2. It doesn't have NAV or Climate. So the settings are mostly alarm honk, lighted pathway, and power off delay.

If I set the settings on my RA2 and then unplug it will the truck remember the settings or is that all stored inside the radio?

If I replace the radio with an aftermarket unit what happens to all those settings? Will the horn not honk when I lock the doors and will the lights not stay on after I turn off the truck?

Thanks,

I installed an aftermarket head unit and the settings stayed the same. They must be saved somewhere other than the head unit. I probably won't spend the money on a maestro because I don't really need to change anything.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01