Rockford Fosgate Dash Speakers 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone installed a pair of Rockford Fosgate 3.5" dash speakers? Crutchfield is telling me they are a little tall. Did anyone do anything to get these to fit? This in a 2014 Express.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
subscribe. I just got my sundown 2.75s with bass blockers. I'm working on a bracket for them now.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Good thing crutchfield is great about exchanges.

If you are running the stock head unit, you may run into impedance issues. I think the front door and dash speaker are wired together. They may each be 2 or 8 ohm speakers. You add a 4 ohm speaker to the mix and now the head unit sees 6 or 3 ohm load.

I added polk 3.5's off an aftermarket head unit and they sounded like garbage compared to the infinities I had amped all around. Much happier without the dash speakers at all. Just an opinion though.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I'll be running mine off the old front speaker source from my aftermarket unit. My other speakers will run off an amp. Did any of you guys add bass blockers to them?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I used 2 different bass blockers with the polks. The ones that came with the polks were like 90 Hz. I ordered some capacitors from parts-express and they were up at about 120 Hz. Still distorted with less than 18 watts rms hitting it. I had to set my headunit's high-pass to 150 Hz to stop the distortion, but that also seemed to control the RCA out high pass.

I'd suggest using your head unit to filter them first to see where the cut off point should be. With any luck it wont affect your RCA outputs. Email tech support at Parts-express and they can help you find a cap that fits your needs.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Robot Check

This is what I am going to install when I make my brackets. . I was torn between these and the Rockford's.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
* B-Stock* Sundown Audio SA-2.75FR - Car Audio Bargain

Says OE replacement for chry/dodge dashes under product desc. But you probably know by now if you need one or not. I think you made a good choice with the SA. Waiting on my sub to get here.

Yea they are not a direct swap. You have to make a bracket for a 2.75 to 3.5. I have had them for awhile, I just haven't installed them. I already have subs in my truck. Eventually I'll update my build thread.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Off topic, how do you like the Clazzios?

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Off topic, how do you like the Clazzios?

I have had them for three years and they are the best mod I have for my truck! I have about 50k miles on them. The driver base has a little wear but still looks almost new. My seat foam is the only weakness. I can post pictures.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I have had them for three years and they are the best mod I have for my truck! I have about 50k miles on them. The driver base has a little wear but still looks almost new. My seat foam is the only weakness. I can post pictures.

Pics aren't necessary. I'm just wanting to get some covers and don't want to get garbage ones for cheap or spend a lot and be unhappy still. I've heard good things about the Clazzios. Nice to hear more good. Thanks!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea they are not a direct swap. You have to make a bracket for a 2.75 to 3.5. I have had them for awhile, I just haven't installed them. I already have subs in my truck. Eventually I'll update my build thread.

More info about your sub setup, please!

OP
OP
Solej

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ended up using the Kicker 3.5"s bought the pigtails from Crutchfield. Easy to swap out, about 10 minutes. Sound difference is huge, clear, clean, crisp highs. If can suggest anything, replace your factory dash speakers before replacing any other speakers, what a difference!!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk