Roof Cb antenna cable ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
Drill a hole. Or through the door jam

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For now it pass through the door jam at the top but I have some leaking problem. The cable go through the same way on my sierra, but ever get any leaking.

I guess I must pass it at the bottom of the truck ?

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would avoid the door jam. I did that years ago and it caused water to wick down the cable and get inside.

Question though, and I don't mean this to be sarcastic, I'm just curious if it's a regional thing. Do people really use CB radios anymore? Back in the late 70's and 80's me and quite a few friends and family had them, but I thought they pretty much died out except for truckers. Especially with cell phones now.

Ray

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not here, our poor Wireless network make them usefull. Especially on work zone or logging road in north to annouce our presence at each curve.

And in city, it's always funny to hear angry truckers talking about stupid drivers.

Last edited:

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When passing a wire through a door jamb, I always loop it down and then back up before the gasket. This way, any water following the wire will drip off the bottom of the loop before the wire passes into the cab. There are also some grommets in the floor where you can snake a cable through into the cab. I found one under the driver's door threshold. I ran my rear vision camera cable through the rubber grommet and sealed it with some silicon. Hope this helps.

jleach76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I brought my down the B pillar and in through a gromet half way down. I had to drill the gromet out and split it, but then I siliconed it so it would not leak. I hope to get a video of it and pictures of it later. Also it will so where I mounted my CB in my 2013 Big Horn with the full floor console.

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have a magnetic antenna ? If yes where did you pass the cable from the roof to the gromet ?

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I ran my coax along the floor and out the bottom of the back door, and then up to the mount on the bed. No problem leaking. I don't use magnetic mounted antennas because high speeds and or rough roads would shake them off the roof of my little ranger. When I bought the ram, I mounted antenna brackets to the bed.