Saftey concern. Airbag indicator light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I bought me a good ol used 2012 RAM 1500 quad cab 4x2 5.7 6 speed trans. Love the truck... Has a couple issues my main concern just happened today ( bought it two weeks ago) I crunk the truck drove about a mile and noticed the airbag warning/indicator/ insert proper name... Was on.. It's red and to a guy who's never seen it kinda concerning. 1# fear- faulty impact sensor that would cause it to deploy one or all airbags while mobile. #2 it won't allow deployment while in a MVA. I've never had this issue so I don't know if either are possible or probable. Thoughts? I have 64,000 miles give a few. So I don't think warranty will cover that. In a bad place financially due to a roll over mva just three weeks ago. Thus the buy... Smh... Kinda hoping the more knowledgeable minds of the forum will give me some guidance here. Ty in advance for your time and guidance. Just extremely worried as it's our only means of transportation and I have a family two lil boys and a wife that trust me with their lives. I'm kinda at the mercy of what the what it's.

Sincerely Si.

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_161241.jpg
    IMG_20170618_161241.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You gotta take it in for a bcm code check. A regular obd-II reader probably won't help. There are so many possible problems that I doubt anyone here could tell you with any certainty.

OP
OP
S

Silence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You gotta take it in for a bcm code check. A regular obd-II reader probably won't help. There are so many possible problems that I doubt anyone here could tell you with any certainty.

Was worth a shot. Tyvm! I'm at the dealership now actually they said when lights on it won't deploy when in a wreck. Just incase anyone wondering. Still waiting to see if I gotta flip the bill smh. Again tyvm