SD Card Keeps Copying Songs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started with about 200 songs on a 4gb SD card and plugged it into my truck. Now, it seems like every time I change source to SD, there are dozens of songs copied on the card...it is over 400 tracks now! I'm not sure if this is an issue with the SD card or something the 8.4AN is doing? Has anyone ever seen anything like this happen?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they different songs than you had, or just duplicate copies of what was there?

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they different songs than you had, or just duplicate copies of what was there?

Duplicates...sometimes up to 20 of the same song all in a row. I know they weren't on there originally. I still need to pull the card and examine the contents on a PC to see what is going on.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. It might just be the way the truck indexes the card. Are you copying the songs to the radio, or streaming them off the card. I'll bet the card looks normal in a PC.

I had a MyGig nav system in my Jeep that used to copy my songs to its hard drive everytime I started the truck if I left it connected. Then it would look like I had multiple copies of the songs everytime I scrolled thru them.

Pandemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copy Songs in SD-Card

Hello.
I know, this thread ist a little older but here is my solution:

First: Do NOT try do Hard-Reset the UConnect-System.

My problem was also, that the UConnect-System doubles and triples Songs.
Thats, because UConnect stores some information about the Card an Song-Files.

My Solution:

Fist I formatted the SD Card (Intenso 32GB; Format Fat32).
ATTENTION: Do not use Quick-Format. I know i takes a little Time to format a SD-Card with 32GB oder larger but (in my case) it was necessary.
AND (and i think thats the point) Rename your Card. (The name of my card was by default "intenso" and i renamed it into "RAM".

And it worked.

When you later add some Songs there is no Problem.
When you later remove some Songs it would be the best, to try this procedure again to avoid the same problem.

I hope this solution will also work on your System.
Greetings from Austria.

Pandemo