Seat Senors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if the seat sensors that are tied to the seatbelt are the same as the airbag? I'm assuming they are since they are weight based.

I dont think mine are correctly detecting weight. My Fiance can sit in my passenger seat with no seatbelt and it won't beep unless she sort of wiggles around and can trigger it.

This would be fine as the seat belt sensor is annoying but I assume its the same one for airbags so I need to get it checked.

Truck is a 17 with 2500 miles. Only issue is it doesn't seem to always do it so I'm sure when I get to the dealer the sensor will work fine. Especially when some 200lb+ dude gets in to test it.

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually just posted something like this in the "things you don't like about your ram" thread. Does it cause the sporadic blinking errors on the cluster like mine?

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will make the noise and pop up passenger seat belt unbuckled on the screen. Which is what it should do if someone is in the seat without their belt on. But it is not consistent as she can move in the seat and purposely make it go on or off by slightly shifting her weight.

If she is wearing her seatbelt it doesn't do it. But I'm concerned with it since it is a weight based sensor its probably turning off the air bag too as it thinks someone too light is in the seat.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be worse. Your GF could be some big heffer blowing out the passenger side tires.

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahah if she was a heffer I'd leave her on the side of the road to solve the problem

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The RAM doesn't disable the airbag if there's nobody in the passenger seat. The occupancy sensor is used only for the seatbelt light. It also isn't weight based - it's supposed to determine if the occupant is static (stack of books) or dynamic (person). It might just be the way she sits. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The RAM doesn't disable the airbag if there's nobody in the passenger seat. The occupancy sensor is used only for the seatbelt light. It also isn't weight based - it's supposed to determine if the occupant is static (stack of books) or dynamic (person). It might just be the way she sits. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sweet good info thanks.

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

From my other post:
"1. Seatbelt sensors. If me and the girlfriend are in the truck, and we hit a bump, or any change of weight on the seats, the seatbelt notification on my screen spazzes out and flickers back and forth between Driver/Passenger seatbelt unbuckled. It does not seem normal the way it spazzes at different rates of speed."

For me, it's not that I worry about it, it's just hella annoying flickering all over my dash whenever I'm on uneven road or either me or her move. Anyway to fix it? It's going in to the dealer the end of next week, but in the past, I've noticed that anything that goes to the dealer, comes out exactly the same. Lol.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From my other post:

"1. Seatbelt sensors. If me and the girlfriend are in the truck, and we hit a bump, or any change of weight on the seats, the seatbelt notification on my screen spazzes out and flickers back and forth between Driver/Passenger seatbelt unbuckled. It does not seem normal the way it spazzes at different rates of speed."

For me, it's not that I worry about it, it's just hella annoying flickering all over my dash whenever I'm on uneven road or either me or her move. Anyway to fix it? It's going in to the dealer the end of next week, but in the past, I've noticed that anything that goes to the dealer, comes out exactly the same. Lol.

I assume you have the seatbelts fastened when that happens? That's definitely not just a load detection issue. It sounds like you have something legitimately wrong.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01