Second Sirius Radio on Nav Head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMMY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to connect a second Sirius radio to my 2012 RAM 1500 Factory Nav Radio. This second Sirius unit already has a lifetime subscription tied to it, meaning I would no longer have to maintain and pay for the account tied to the Sirius unit built into my OE factory Nav head.

I would like to hard wire the new Sirius unit and be able to control it from my existing OE radio as well as see the station names and song titles from the new Sirius unit if possible...

Is there a way to tie into the back of the radio? I have yet to open it up and look for myself. So far searching for 2012 OEM NAV head unit specs have gotten me no where.

Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance!

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From what I understand, the OEM head unit is all one piece. NAV and Sirius are integrated inside vs. the aftermarket that have external tuners. Unless you can get them to swap the lifetime subscription over to your OEM radio, I don't think there is any way to add it...

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Give the folks at NAVREPAIR a call, 407-901-9019. Here's their website: www.NAVREPAIR.com They're very knowledgable with the MyGig and Uconnect systems. The trick is having your head unit's SiriusXM ID mirror that of the unit that has the lifetime subscription.

Those lifetime subscriptions are tricky too. People think it's for "your lifetime" when in all actuality it's for the "lifetime of the unit". So if that unit prematurely fails, you lose the subscription. That is unless of course you get the unit repaired.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Why can't you call sirius xm and transfer the subscription. It's not tied to a particular unit. It's like a $15 transfer fee. All you need is your account numbers and the radio id on your truck radio which you can get by going to channel 0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No need to change head units. Call Sirius and tell them you wrecked your truck and got another on. They will transfer your subscription. My boss did it on the work truck. They switched his account for free.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Lifetime subscriptions can be transferred, but it's $75, and you can only do it like three times (depending on when you got your lifetime subscription).
I have no input on your problem, but I am in the same boat and am interested in what you come up with!