Service Backup system error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT CC.

I am getting an intermittent error message that says service backup system. Not sure if this is a common problem, I couldn't find an existing thread discussing it.

Is there a way to disengage the system until I get it fixed so I don't have to listen to the annoying beeps and lights?

Thanks.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you live somewhere cold? I don't have the system on my truck, but my 08 Jeep had it and this would happen when the sensors got covered with ice/snow.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 16 actually senses if the sensors are too dirty or iced over and shuts it off automatically and throws up a warning to clean the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 16 actually senses if the sensors are too dirty or iced over and shuts it off automatically and throws up a warning to clean the sensors.

Good point. Maybe I'll try just cleaning the back bumper. I live in a rural area with dirt roads and the back of the truck is always dirty.