Shark fin antenna cable type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmant230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello, I am collecting parts for a 8.4 VP 4 upgrade from an RA1 and have most of what I need. I will be installing a shark fin antenna for cellular service and know I need and additional wire and connectors to run over the headliner. My question is does anyone know what the cable type is? I do not want to pay for two additional harnesses when I can buy a couple Farka connectors and some cable to construct one. I am figuring it is RG 316, but was wondering if anyone knew?

Thanks Jamie

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I am collecting parts for a 8.4 VP 4 upgrade from an RA1 and have most of what I need. I will be installing a shark fin antenna for cellular service and know I need and additional wire and connectors to run over the headliner. My question is does anyone know what the cable type is? I do not want to pay for two additional harnesses when I can buy a couple Farka connectors and some cable to construct one. I am figuring it is RG 316, but was wondering if anyone knew?

Thanks Jamie
For the Regular Cab trucks the harnesses are these part numbers.
68148260AC
68148258AD

But to my understanding, nothing will work if you add these 2 harnesses with the shark fin.
You cant add apps or use uconnect on a truck that did not originally have it from factory.

OP
OP
jmant230

jmant230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the reply. I know it will not get me much, that is why I want to make the harness. The part numbers required add up to about 100 bucks. I can probably make one for 15 if I can source the cable type.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When did my 8.4" conversion , the mirror with microphones I found and used has the " Assist & 911 " buttons . I installed the 911 fooler / 911 delete little short 10 ohm resister purple Farka plug.
Thing is that little plug is acting as a stub antenna buried behind my dash .

The assist & 911 buttons on my mirror really work and get me to a live person on the other end , even with no phone connected via blutooth.

This I was not expecting .
Anyhow a while back I got a great deal on a shark fin antenna kit cables and antenna . I plan to install it just for better service for the Assist & 911 if for nothing else .
If I remember tomorrow or this weekend I'll pull it out and see if I can identify the coax type for you Sir ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmant230

jmant230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you, I too got a good deal on the shark fin and do believe that Fiat will allow uconnect registration eventually. There is a lot of potential money available to them by allowing this. Ram guys are not the only ones doing this upgrade.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Thank you, I too got a good deal on the shark fin and do believe that Fiat will allow uconnect registration eventually. There is a lot of potential money available to them by allowing this. Ram guys are not the only ones doing this upgrade.

From what I/we've seen by talking directly with Ram/FCA about this, there is no plans to allow it.