Should I upgrade the rear door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to be putting components in the front doors and just wondering if I should upgrade the rear door speakers while I'm at it. I've read some instance that its not needed.... any input?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
In a reg cab, I would not. Most likely even in a 4 door an upgrade would be negligible. Put your rear speaker budget towards something else.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed mine out in my crew cab and added a four channel amp, put the rear speakers on low pass and made them 'subs' but changing the fron speakers and dash made the world of a difference.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
rear doors are not full range, basically lows and mids I believe. the front doors are full range but have high bypass and wired directly into the dash speakers. Upgrading the dash is a pain bc the stockers are 8ohm, all the aftermarket are 4 ohm or less and this makes them overly "loud" and throws the balance of the system off. you can run them off an amp or wire in a resistor or just leave them be. I did all 6 speakes, rear,front and dash with the resistor mod and it made a huge difference. I just did a 12" rear single sub and that really finished it off.

The issue with the rear speakers is if you crank them up and upgrade them the bass they put out will rattle the doors. Sound proofing helps but its still not the best option.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rear doors are not full range, basically lows and mids I believe. the front doors are full range but have high bypass and wired directly into the dash speakers. Upgrading the dash is a pain bc the stockers are 8ohm, all the aftermarket are 4 ohm or less and this makes them overly "loud" and throws the balance of the system off. you can run them off an amp or wire in a resistor or just leave them be. I did all 6 speakes, rear,front and dash with the resistor mod and it made a huge difference. I just did a 12" rear single sub and that really finished it off.

The issue with the rear speakers is if you crank them up and upgrade them the bass they put out will rattle the doors. Sound proofing helps but its still not the best option.

What sub and box did you go with?
My sub just got delivered today to a shop I work at on the weekend. I went with a kicker comprt 12" being powered by a kicker 800.5 and the sub went in an Atrend BBox Ram 12" box which I am not happy about but the option that I wanted was a fox acoustics box but the week I decided to pull the trigger, they had stopped production on them and the other box company in Texas was a bit too much for me to spend.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I wouldn't. I disconnected mine all together. You would never know my rear speakers were gone....even my rear passengers have never noticed. Put money elsewhere

OP
OP
G

Gibby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies everyone... For now I think I'll ditch the rear speakers and use that money elsewhere. Or at least till I hear what the front components are going to sound like.