Single cab subwoofer options and placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at adding a little sounds on the low end to the truck. I found an 8 inch sub but it looks like I will need to remove the cargo bin in back. Is this pretty much my only option other than something under the seat ?

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've got a Kicker Hideaway under the driver's seat in both of mine and it does a nice job.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I'm sure you can build a box that will wedge in there for an 8. If not, take out the tray, build the box you want then build a tray for the other side of the cab. Which sub do you have in mind?

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure you can build a box that will wedge in there for an 8. If not, take out the tray, build the box you want then build a tray for the other side of the cab. Which sub do you have in mind?

Looking at a digital designs prebuilt setup. Heard it in person and for an 8 was blown away

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Do some research, you have a lot of options. Comes down to what you're looking for sound-wise. If you want a bit of low end to fatten up the sound, a single 8 would be perfect, or a single 10 for a bit more umph, or a single 12 for even more umph....you get where Iam going with this. I prefer having a bit more than necessary, then backing off the gain a bit so your sub isn't working too hard. A 10" on cruise control will sound a lot better, than pushing the crap out of an 8".....but again, depends on what you're looking for