Single Sealed 10" or 12" that doesn't require seat to be raised

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So my search for a single 10" or 12" sealed sub box that (other than an expensive custom one) doesn't require the removal of the Fold Flat Floor has came up empty.... So it looks like I will be removing one of the Fold Flat Floors to install a single 10" or 12" sealed unit. So here are my parameters.

1) I don't want to drop $300 on a Net Audio box (yeah, I know they are worth it)... $200 is probably my max, but my comfort level would be $150 or less.

2) The Fox Box requires raising the seat (which I don't like as I believe it could be a safety concern, particularly in an accident.... I understand there is probably plenty of thread engagement remaining, however, IMHO the real concern in an accident is related to bolt shear not pullout). Don't want to raise the seat.

3) The only sealed 10" or 12" unit I've seen that should work is the Atrend Phantom Fiberglass 10" (currently $219 obo at a few sites) and I couldn't find reviews on the single. Is there another sealed unit out there that doesn't require raising the seat? I might even consider an 8".

OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Should have noted that I'm planning on having a 5 channel amp installed in a few weeks that will do 300W @ 2Ohm on the sub channel.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am pretty sure netaudio sells a seat raising kit that gives you longer bolts. Been a while since I checked into it but that would satisfy your safety concerns.

Raising the seat makes it so the backs flip down easily for access to amps and wiring so it adds another benefit.

OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I am pretty sure netaudio sells a seat raising kit that gives you longer bolts. Been a while since I checked into it but that would satisfy your safety concerns.

Raising the seat makes it so the backs flip down easily for access to amps and wiring so it adds another benefit.

Unfortunately, the longer bolts don't satisfy my safety concern as I have minimal concern that a lack of thread engagement would lead to a 'pull-out' failure. My concern is the additional 'shear-load' placed on the bolts due to raising the seats and the potentially catastrophic result during a rapid deceleration event (think collision).

In all honesty, I doubt the owners of Fox Acoustics, Net Audio, etc. have seriously considered the potential liability of raising the seats.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I have two 12's under my seat in a box I bought from walmart.com. Didn't have to raise the seat

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a little research and the Net Audio driver's side low box (with polyfill) paired with a JL 10w6v3 would be the way I would want to go. You would keep the larger side load floor and the seats do not have to be raised.

That sub should sound great and hit pretty hard as well.

OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I did a little research and the Net Audio driver's side low box (with polyfill) paired with a JL 10w6v3 would be the way I would want to go. You would keep the larger side load floor and the seats do not have to be raised.

That sub should sound great and hit pretty hard as well.

I agree Ttubbiola that Net Audio is the way to go.... But $300 is out of my budget at this point.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately, the longer bolts don't satisfy my safety concern as I have minimal concern that a lack of thread engagement would lead to a 'pull-out' failure. My concern is the additional 'shear-load' placed on the bolts due to raising the seats and the potentially catastrophic result during a rapid deceleration event (think collision).

In all honesty, I doubt the owners of Fox Acoustics, Net Audio, etc. have seriously considered the potential liability of raising the seats.

Would it actually place an additional shear load that bolts of the same hardness cannot handle? I've read threads about raising seats but unless you do the math originally vs. a modification vs. real world possibilities, the concern could be unwarranted. To be paranoid without the math would be placing restrictions on your wants / needs.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree Ttubbiola that Net Audio is the way to go.... But $300 is out of my budget at this point.

Yeah, I agree it's not cheap. I'm definitely a believer in the buy once cry once philosophy when it comes to my truck. I plan to keep it a long time. That's why it took me a year before I did the initial stereo upgrade. Had to save up a bit.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP is the 300w max or rms power on the sub channel? keep in mind a rule of thumb is to match the rms power of an amp with the rms power of a sub. 80-90% of people dont realize this and go only based off of max power

OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
OP is the 300w max or rms power on the sub channel? keep in mind a rule of thumb is to match the rms power of an amp with the rms power of a sub. 80-90% of people dont realize this and go only based off of max power

300W RMS .... Very good question

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I came across this place and found these. I don't know how legit they are, but not too bad of pricing.

Car Audio Factory