Sirius XM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nubster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use mine tons because radio in my parts SUCKS. All you do is start your service and call them to cancel. After a couple rounds you'll get the price down to around $50 per YEAR rather than $17 per MONTH. For that, I can handle it but no way I'd pay full price. There's only 4 channels I like. I'd use Pandora except my work car or my new truck don't have bluetooth and besides, cell service is spotty in a lot of areas where I live so music would be in and out all the time.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Sirius signal is just fine. I always had XM in my previous vehicles with aftermarket receivers and antennas, but they cut out a lot more than my Ram does.

You guys that stream Pandora, Do you have unlimited data? I use Pandora at home on my WIFI, but I haven't tried it in the truck since I thought it would eat data.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
My Sirius is great but xm service is about par. As for Pandora streaming off of WiFi. I might do it for an hour or so and doesn't seem to use a lot of data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
SiriusXM SUCKS PERIOD!:flipthebird:

If it wasn't free I wouldn't even have it! I'm not wasting money to listen to the same songs I can hear on free radio and my SD card, MP3 player or whatever other media device.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
FM and am radio sucks. Way too many commercials. I'm happy with Sirius. It gets boring after a while listening to the MP3s all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reverse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't think I would like Satellite Radio when we got our Challenger, but now I'm hooked on it. I hadn't listened to FM radio in years; too many commercials, too much talk, not enough music. Commercial-free radio is great, and I don't mind paying so I don't have to listen to any BS 'morning shows' etc. anymore.

Cross-country drives sure go a lot 'faster' while listening to SXM for me. Now that I have the Ram, I'll listen for free for a year, and then probably add it to my acct. The comedy channels alone are worth it IMO :)

BTW, if you subscribe, and have a smartphone, you can listen to the same channels on your phone, and you can also customize the playlists by setting preferences.

Silvercreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 1 year free subscription to XM Radio has expired on my 2013 RAM 1500. I have a Sirius Sportster that has a lifetime subscription and I could hook it up in my RAM but I hate wires running all over the cab of my truck. I plugged it in and tried it in my truck but those wires just drive me up the wall. I guess I'll use the Sirius Sportster in my Classic 1966 VW Beetle although I do not drive it much.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Well, I have no real issue with Sirius radio other than the price (without talk radio, sports, etc.) $112 a year??? "Really" Think for only tunes, overpriced. Now, as for U Connect, Considering they "partner with Garmin", would think they would have a better GPS and also offer an RV option , like Garmin, considering that many of us with the 25/ 3500 series trucks, haul rv trailers. When I talked with them a week ago I suggested that ' as they have all of our e mails, that they should send out a survey asking how many of us would be interested in an rv app. Talking to deaf ears??? What are your thoughts?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I have no real issue with Sirius radio other than the price (without talk radio, sports, etc.) $112 a year??? "Really" Think for only tunes, overpriced. Now, as for U Connect, Considering they "partner with Garmin", would think they would have a better GPS and also offer an RV option , like Garmin, considering that many of us with the 25/ 3500 series trucks, haul rv trailers. When I talked with them a week ago I suggested that ' as they have all of our e mails, that they should send out a survey asking how many of us would be interested in an rv app. Talking to deaf ears??? What are your thoughts?

I never pay more than $25 for 6 months of service. i get "deals" in the mail for it all the time. the only kicker is you must call back just before the 6mo is up to get the deal again or they charge you full price.

srtpowa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/ 6 speed
My Sirius signal is just fine. I always had XM in my previous vehicles with aftermarket receivers and antennas, but they cut out a lot more than my Ram does.

You guys that stream Pandora, Do you have unlimited data? I use Pandora at home on my WIFI, but I haven't tried it in the truck since I thought it would eat data.

Its not that bad. When i was streaming pandora almost constantly on high quality it used about 1 gig a month, It would be considerably less if you did it once in a while and changed your settings to the lower quality.