Speaker adapters, what fits best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey guys, I'm going to be putting some 6.5" Audison coaxials in the front and rear doors, which as you all know currently hold the stock 6x9's all around. I obviously need an adapter to run the 6.5's, so what adapters have you found that fits/works best for our trucks? I may just have to make my own adapters out of MDF, or have a buddy laser cut some lexan for me. I guess I need to open up the door panels to get a good idea of what I'm working with.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
The scoshe or metra ones worked fine for me. I had to dremel about 1/4 out of the hole for hertz 6.5. No mod needed for infinity kappa coax. If you do mdf, consider using 1/2 inch or less and paint them so they don't soak any moisture.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I ordered mdf adapters off eBay. Sound mechanix I think was the name of the store

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The scoshe or metra ones worked fine for me. I had to dremel about 1/4 out of the hole for hertz 6.5. No mod needed for infinity kappa coax. If you do mdf, consider using 1/2 inch or less and paint them so they don't soak any moisture.

I ordered mdf adapters off eBay. Sound mechanix I think was the name of the store

How did you guys run your new speaker wire to the door (assuming you ran beefier wire)? My 3rd gen half ton was easy going through the boot in the door jamb area, but looking at my new truck it's not so simple...

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Drivers side was a pain. Have to loosen the E brake plate, slip back some of the leather looking cover and fish a clothes hanger from the door to the cab. You have to unscrew the wires from the door to get into the boot. Passenger side is much easier in that the brake isn't there obviously. I think there is a cluster of wires held in by plastic clips that you need to scoot out of the way. Be careful not to push the hanger through the boot. I put some electrical tape on the tip to make it softer. You really have to coax the hanger through the boot. Not as hard as my prior car which had molex plugs that I had to bore out, but still very time consuming.