Speaker spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Speaker spacers for door 6x9's good thing had those old 6x9 laying around, a steady hand, 10 mins, and a cut off wheel. Bammo spacers! RTV was just to hold them there. Panels back on thought had a picture of in, don't.
Spacers 1.jpg

Spacers 2.jpg

Spacers 3.jpg

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice, i remember on the 3rd gens people took the spacer off and turned it around with aftermarket speakers.

Voodoochi1d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this mod tonight, and i have a question. has anyone had an issue with JL Audio 6x9 hitting the door panel? Any spacer I use, and at this point, Im down to maybe a 1/4" spacer, still causes my speaker to be pressed up against the door panel grill. I dont think it will cause an issue, but Im just worried about stress on the tweeter over time.
Please let me know.

OP
OP
ltr450rider13

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My kickers touch, but tweets and mid have a frame around them, won't hurt anything on mine atleast. You need a speaker w/ +.55 or less, is what was told by crutchfield, that number means how much tweeter sticks above the speakers highest point. Finding a replacement that fits in a 6x9 is tuff w no modding, depth, height the + #, and magnet dia. Kicker ks series maybe. From where speaker mounts to highest point of tweet assembly I'm sure you got more then .65 Could be wrong call up crutchfield. Plus mine is 2011 2500, cranks not power, panels might be different.

Last edited: