Speedo cluster lights dud already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never use auto headlights and drive with the cluster guage lights set at its lowest setting via the dimmer below the headlight knob.

This evening the guage backlight was off when driving at night. But flickers sometimes , if I turn the dimmer up then it comes on. Only fails at the lowest setting which I use.

I've uploaded a video showing the issue. Any ideas ? Is it the dial or something else ?

Not sure if related or not, when I came out of the store the headlights on my truck where ON , at the time I'd figured I'd probably accidently pressed the fob unlock key without realizing it , since doors were unlocked also and the light switch for heflights were already on the off position. Meaning I didn't leave the headlights on when I left the truck.

Here's the video...

https://vimeo.com/199246798

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I think there is a known problem with the flickering with the lights dimmed. Don't know if there was an actual fix but I know some have had the cluster replaced and it's still happening

timjthomas23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as I know 2013 thru 2016 are swappable

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean a bit like my homelink garage door opener. They swapped it all out but problem still persist. Told me they'd call me back never did. Trucks starting to **** me right of with the electronic aspects, what with my homelink never working right and now this. Not even hit 25k miles yet.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk