SRAM CQ09 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Been doing research on adding the SRAM CQ09 versus a Kicker Hideaway in my 2016 1500 Crew Cab. I have the 8" screen with the stock system. I've upgraded to Kicker speakers. I do have a few remaining questions though.

1. I know the SRAM can be had for around $415 and the Hideaway can be had for around $250. Is the SRAM $165 better than the Hideaway?

2. Can you retain the fold flat floor with the SRAM CQ09?

3. If I add the SRAM, will I also need to add an amp for the other speakers so they aren't overpowered by the SRAM?

thx

djd

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
with the SRAM CQ09 you can not retain the fold flat floor on the drivers side. I have never heard the hideaway to compare. I have the SRAM CQ09 and its a decent sub, its not going to win any competitions but its a big improvement over stock. Yes you can still amp your other speakers, but in my experience it doesn't over power the other speakers.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Plug and play, more power, more cone area on SRAM 10" sub.

LuckyRosco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015, 2007, 1997
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 3.7 Two Mice and a Rubber Band, 5.9
I just installed the SRAMCQ13 in my truck this weekend. It has the same bass amp and speaker as the CQ09, but it also has an amp for the other speakers. Depending on the music you listen to you may not even hear the sub woofer, much less have to worry about it overpowering the other speakers. I'm personally very disappointed in the whole setup, so much as I'm looking for a DSP and two amps to build the system the way I want it. I do like the bass speaker (it's a custom Kicker L7), but the tiny amp is not going to push the speaker very much.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The sub will loosen up suspension wise, mine sounds a ton better. Now not two L7's....but ample for a mid upgrade. IMHO

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
When I put poly fill in mine it made an improvement

RalphV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lone star 5.7 hemi
if you don't mind where did you find the sramcq09 for 415? thanks

OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I was told the SRAM CQ09 could be found at a few online retailers (not necessarily site sponsors, so I'd prefer not to mention) that have a 'Make an Offer' next to the advertised price.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I was told the SRAM CQ09 could be found at a few online retailers (not necessarily site sponsors, so I'd prefer not to mention) that have a 'Make an Offer' next to the advertised price.

its fine to say the site, I don't think we even have vendors that deal in audio