starting my audio build, $300 right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol @ everyone thinking the budget is $300.

If u can find a double din u like in that range, go for it. That's the first thing I changed, and there was an immediate upgrade in the quality of sound.

I just posted up my diyma sub, HAT L3s and HAT L1s. If you wanna go mids and tweets first, and since ur local, u would save on shipping.

Do you plan on going 3 way or 2 way front stage in the future? And do you plan on using a DSP? That would help us help you where the money would be best spent.

Another member pm' me about your set up and man it looks killer and bet it sounds just as good. I meant to answer them back but as soon as I opened it o had to go do something so I actually didn't read it till just now. I actually got all my speakers this past weekend on a deal I couldn't pass up but I can use them in another application with no problem

I have never been schooled on 3way or 2 way etc. did all my homework years ago on the bass side but never fully understood the mid/high side of a system.

The double din I want I'm saving up for. It's not too pricey but not something I need immediately.

How much are we talking for what you mentioned? You can pm me if you do not want to disclose it publicly

On a side note brad did you do the box in that white single cab ram with the 4 15's in it? If so I think I talked to you about the Box for my truck a little in his thread

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I just sent him a pm to let him know about your gear. Even better if he is local perfect equipment to start with and Brad will hook you up. I would start with these hybrids and sub. Brad side note mine should be up and running Monday just got my l1pros today. Everything wired and up and running. Will install tweets into your pods, sprayed them black came out mint...will post pics soon.

Lol my bad for not responding, I opened the pm up the day you sent it and got side tracked and read it today. The stuff definitely got me interested for sure

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP... coming from someone who has built competition sq systems that are in excess of $25-50k all the way down to basic setups. what i would recommend doing is go to a stereo shop. listen to all the different types of equipment and combinations (amps, speakers...). reason i say this is what someone on here may recommend you may actually find out you dislike. what someone else says is crap you may find you like.

DISCLAIMER my opinion only:
http://www.ramforum.com/f51/my_audio_upgrade_2014_ram_big_horn_crew_cab-61023/
this gentleman has a what i call a basic setup. he has a nice amp and sub, but the separates and dash speakers IMO i dont like the sound of (dealing with them in the past on installs). when you can get all those speakers for under $150 (combined) they are more a basic factory replacement. but if he likes it that what matters (nothing against you sir, just strictly my opinion).

on the flip side i have had $600 focals before (1 set of components) and people would question why i spent that. I personally (back when my hearing was a little better...) could hear a huge difference.

the moral of my story i guess is forums are great to get someone eyes opened to other setups, but do your homework, listen to some in person to find what you really like.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Another member pm' me about your set up and man it looks killer and bet it sounds just as good. I meant to answer them back but as soon as I opened it o had to go do something so I actually didn't read it till just now. I actually got all my speakers this past weekend on a deal I couldn't pass up but I can use them in another application with no problem

I have never been schooled on 3way or 2 way etc. did all my homework years ago on the bass side but never fully understood the mid/high side of a system.

The double din I want I'm saving up for. It's not too pricey but not something I need immediately.

How much are we talking for what you mentioned? You can pm me if you do not want to disclose it publicly

On a side note brad did you do the box in that white single cab ram with the 4 15's in it? If so I think I talked to you about the Box for my truck a little in his thread

It's all good, my speakers sold about 2 hours after I posted them.

If you have speakers and are waiting for the head unit, I would recommend getting some deadener in the mean time. It goes a long way in the final outcome of the sound.

And yes, I built that box for the single cab. I can give you a hand with yours if need be. Just hit me up when ur ready.

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up on deadener. I forgot about that stuff. I might do that when I wire up for the sub and amp. I want the wires under the carpet towards the middle of the vehicle

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Brad I knew hose would be gone quick lol.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd save some cash first and then buy what you want. My local car audio place always does deals when you buy a bunch of gear.

Plus, it'll give you time to figure out what exactly you want to do.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I'd save some cash first and then buy what you want. My local car audio place always does deals when you buy a bunch of gear.

Plus, it'll give you time to figure out what exactly you want to do.

^^THIS!
Save some money, do your research, buy once with confidence.
Wish I had done that....would have saved a lot of money and time in the end.
The market is packed with great stuff from cheap, to now you're sleeping in your truck cause you're broke.
The biggest decision is deciding what your goals are
good luck

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have goals and I passed on other stuff because it's not what I wanted. The speakers I just bought will go in the truck for a little while but ultimately are for a party type radio in a cart that I'm planning on building soon

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
but ultimately are for a party type radio in a cart that I'm planning on building soon

Lol, coulda sold u one of those too

5abdee3fcf64cc0f2421034dac63bf66.jpg

Just got rid of it 2 weeks ago

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol nice, mine will be something similar but with a flip out tv, and a few other things

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
OP... coming from someone who has built competition sq systems that are in excess of $25-50k all the way down to basic setups. what i would recommend doing is go to a stereo shop. listen to all the different types of equipment and combinations (amps, speakers...). reason i say this is what someone on here may recommend you may actually find out you dislike. what someone else says is crap you may find you like.

DISCLAIMER my opinion only:
http://www.ramforum.com/f51/my_audio_upgrade_2014_ram_big_horn_crew_cab-61023/
this gentleman has a what i call a basic setup. he has a nice amp and sub, but the separates and dash speakers IMO i dont like the sound of (dealing with them in the past on installs). when you can get all those speakers for under $150 (combined) they are more a basic factory replacement. but if he likes it that what matters (nothing against you sir, just strictly my opinion).

on the flip side i have had $600 focals before (1 set of components) and people would question why i spent that. I personally (back when my hearing was a little better...) could hear a huge difference.

the moral of my story i guess is forums are great to get someone eyes opened to other setups, but do your homework, listen to some in person to find what you really like.

I would agree it is a basic set up. :)

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put in my dash speakers just now and wow what a difference over the stock ones. I got these mainly for another project but put them in to see. I am actually satisfied for now so ill order another pair for my other project and go from there. Its just kicker 3.5's I put in and have some kicker 6x9's also that I might put in to see if there is any good difference in them and the stocks. On a side note im also curious as to how well a good set up would sound in there.