Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a leather steering wheel with the audio buttons to swap out my current one. I am going to hook up a module for the buttons to work with my radio, but my question is, do I need to have it activated at the dealer for the controls to work, even though I have an aftermarket radio? Thanks in advance!:gr_patrio

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a leather steering wheel with the audio buttons to swap out my current one. I am going to hook up a module for the buttons to work with my radio, but my question is, do I need to have it activated at the dealer for the controls to work, even though I have an aftermarket radio? Thanks in advance!:gr_patrio

Not sure about dealer activation in your situation, but can I ask where you got the wheel (auto wrecker or online...?). Is it a heated wheel (some of the leather ones are) and is it the same model year as your truck? Interested to see how it all goes. Please keep us posted.:driver:

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good deal. My 2013 has different looking wheel controls with the Uconnect 5.0 factory stereo, bluetooth phone control etc.. so not sure if those wheels would work for me or not? The only 2013 wheel on Ebay right now is $675! The weird thing is my wheel seems to have the punch-outs for the rear wheel stereo volume control like the one on your Ebay wheel so I still don't see why it wouldn't be possible to just get that part (instead of buying a whole wheel) in my case. It's hard to get knowledgeable answers on this. Anyone know?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956