steering wheel audio controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine doesn't have them but they are available in some 2012 models but the official Mopar part for them is listed by them as 2013+ so how do I do this?

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine doesn't have them but they are available in some 2012 models but the official Mopar part for them is listed by them as 2013+ so how do I do this?
is there a big difference between 2011 and 2012? I'd be interested in changing my steering wheel for more controls.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't bother buying the kit.
Instead I would upgrade to a leather steering wheel with the audio controls already built in. Easy plug & play and cheaper as well.
Like this one.

2013 and up are different.

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't bother buying the kit.
Instead I would upgrade to a leather steering wheel with the audio controls already built in. Easy plug & play and cheaper as well.
Like this one.

2013 and up are different.
Am I correct in assuming I'm going to need extra wiring and that I'll be reusing my existing airbag and center piece? I see it also has Bluetooth and whatever that "VR" button is, which I have neither of as well

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I correct in assuming I'm going to need extra wiring and that I'll be reusing my existing airbag and center piece? I see it also has Bluetooth and whatever that "VR" button is, which I have neither of as well
No extra wiring needed, it's all there. Reusing your airbag - yes.
The VR button will be nonfunctional if your truck came without the voice command. That's all.
(You could still swap it with the one of your current steering wheel.)

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No extra wiring needed, it's all there. Reusing your airbag - yes.
The VR button will be nonfunctional if your truck came without the voice command. That's all.
(You could still swap it with the one of your current steering wheel.)
The description in the link you gave me says only comes with what's actually shown in the picture so I'm assuming I'll need the wiring run from the radio to the steering wheel for the audio control since mine has none in the first place

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The description in the link you gave me says only comes with what's actually shown in the picture so I'm assuming I'll need the wiring run from the radio to the steering wheel for the audio control since mine has none in the first place

No additional wiring needed.
All goes through the clockspring into can bus.
Believe me, been there, done that...

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is there a big difference between 2011 and 2012? I'd be interested in changing my steering wheel for more controls.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I was unable to get my steering wheel control to work on my 2011. chrysler will not turn on the RDZ code.

nelzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 ram 1500 without steering wheel audio controls, will the kit work on my truck? I have the 5" screen radio without u connect
thank you in advance

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Last edited: