Steering wheel button upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVMA Lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a Kenwood radio that will accept steering wheel button inputs, but my steering wheel buttons do not include radio controls. Can I just swap out for buttons that include radio controls, or do I have to look for aftermarket controls and run a wire to the radio?

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a Kenwood radio that will accept steering wheel button inputs, but my steering wheel buttons do not include radio controls. Can I just swap out for buttons that include radio controls, or do I have to look for aftermarket controls and run a wire to the radio?

First off we're gonna need a little info about the truck it is being installed into. I know they do make some aftermarket steering wheel mount ones. Your truck may not be compatible to install factory controls on the back side of wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You will need the buttons, wiring harness and back piece with the holes cut out for the buttons. You will also need a module to interface the wheel to your Kenwood. Axxess, maestro or pac make them. There is a dig on here about adding buttons which should help you get started.

OP
OP
C

CVMA Lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I just realized I forgot to add my truck's info, it's a 2012. I searched for a thread but couldn't find one at first, but I think I found one that's some of what I'm looking for, so I'll direct further questions there.