Steering Wheel Volume Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since my truck didn't come with them and after checking the UConnect site which states they are available for my truck. I proceeded to call my local dealer, they said not available so I called another dealer and they said the same thing. Basically, was told if it didn't come with it, its not available as a add on. I then check a mopar parts website, low an behold, they have the parts in a bundle-Steering wheel back cover, buttons, and wiring harness. So that's my next upgrade.

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ that's the parts I ordered and it looks like I will be doing the diy install when I can. :buffer:

OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received the parts and have read the topic on how to install. Do I just need to disconnect the neg. on the battery and wait about 20 minutes before removing the airbag or is there something else I need to do?

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's correct that way the clock spring will discharge the circuit to avoid deployment. Just make sure you don't break the tab on the clock spring.

OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, got r done. The airbag clips weren't as hard as I thought they would be, they actually came off pretty easily. Followed the instructions from the topic that Jabalone posted. I almost thought I screwed something up when plugging the left steering control plug into the harness, I slightly bent one of the prongs but got it fixed. I was worried that I messed the clock mechanism up a little cause it did move, moved it back a little. So I was a little worried about getting mister squiggley on the dash, but after everything was back together like it was from the factory, I went out to test it to make sure everything worked fine from the controls, the horn, no mister squiggley. Now I just need to find someone to test the airbag to make sure its working properly:roflsquared:

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my next mod also. Glad to hear it went smooth. I was dreading the install

OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my next mod also. Glad to hear it went smooth. I was dreading the install

Ya, same here, I have never done a steering wheel with a airbag before. I actually waited about 1/2 hr to let it drain. So all in all with some patience, it went pretty smooth.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the install. For anyone else doing this when pulling the airbag make sure you're off to the side and not sitting on the seat right in front of it or you risk getting hit if it goes off.

OP
OP
HemiXpress

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the install. For anyone else doing this when pulling the airbag make sure you're off to the side and not sitting on the seat right in front of it or you risk getting hit if it goes off.

Very good point as I did this myself, being as it was my first airbag removal, also did it when reinstalling it.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When working near the airbag connections, make sure to avoid building up static electricity.