Stock Alpine System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
another problem you will find with the stock stereo and amp is there is a built in i will say cut off(i believe its more in the deck)....at a certain volume its like the amp doesn't go any further so the bass levels out....won't get louder.....ask Jeremy, he had an aftermarket amp on the stock deck wired with a LOC for his sub and he ran into this. Stock stereo stuff will always be limited.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yup I noticed that. Though the sub can't handle much more anyway.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yeah, I think there are certain frequencies that are topped off..........Chithead would REALLY know.

I did the LOC thing for a week, then swapped the HU for aftermarket.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Here is my opinion on stock sub, it had bass when stock, but not that deep bass I like. I swore I would leave the Alpine system alone and now a few months after getting my 2013 outdoorsman, I replaced front dash with infinity on sides, jbl center and jbl power series 3 way 6x9s in rear doors, sound deadened all doors and replaced stock sub, with a $50 shipped bazooka dvc 2 ohm 8 inch sub(fit perfect). Filled box with poly fill too. Bass is a little deeper, but I think to get much better bass, a nice 10 in a box would be ideal with a small amp. I may never do amp and box, mainly because system sounds pretty crisp and clear now and I don't want to chase rattles with bass. I have a kenwood shallow 12 sitting around and a mtx2150x old school amp that would probably make the 12 fry, maybe some day I might buy a cheap box and just put those in to see how it sounds. But some good sound deadening, a few speakers replaced, the alpine amp sounds great.