strange electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently installed new Spyder headlights with 55w HID lows in my truck, prior to that I had different Spyder headlights and a 35w HID setup. With the 35w setup I had no issues but now that I replaced the headlights and the different HID set up I have had an issue with the driver side headlight.
The headlight will work about 50% of the time and the rest of the time it will not however they LEDs and Halos on the driverside work perfect. I have tried multiple wiring fixes thinking that it may be a poor connection in the harness and it does not seem to make any difference.
What I have noticed however is that there seems to be a short buzz around the battery area (can't quite narrow it down) whenever I turn on the lights and they don't work. If they come on there is no buzzing sound. Any ideas?

Additional info: 2010 Ram and I have the canabus adapters from Retro shop to ensure steady current.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
check your grounds, make sure its completely metal on metal. take a wire brush to the areas to make sure you get the best connections. also make sure that all connections throughout the entire wiring kit is plugged in correctly.

Id assume the fuse box is near the battery. The buzzing is more then likely a relay. ballast can also buzz though.
when the head light goes out. take a volt meter and test the power BEFORE the ballast. Do not test after the Ballast!

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turns out there was a short in a few wires that I could not see initially, but once I checked as it got darker I was able to see it. Replaced the wires and looks like evrything is working fine for now. Just needs to pass the test of time now as It was working off and on. Lets hope it is only on now with no offs.