Stray "beeps" through the audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
Hello from a new owner of a 2014 Longhorn.

Been driving myself crazy with a small issue that I hope you might be able to help with. Did a forum search and have been searching the various owner manuals but no luck.

I have a stray, arbitrary beep/ding (think: warning ding) coming through the speakers but there is no indication on the EVIC -- no lights, no messages, etc.

It happens pretty regularly and in a variety of driving conditions: low speed, high speed, city streets, rural roads, radio on and off, headlights on and off, and about every other combination I can think of. We've even turned on the front and rear proximity sensors and most of the major sub-systems but no luck.

Any suggestions of what this gremlin might be and how to remove this annoying "beep"?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get a ding whenever the Flyers score or get scored on via the SiriusXM radio alert. Are you subscribed to any alerts?

And for the record. Hi dealer, here is my truck, figure it out!

OP
OP
T

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
I get a ding whenever the Flyers score or get scored on via the SiriusXM radio alert. Are you subscribed to any alerts?

Wouldn't there be a visual indication of some sort?

Going to check on the settings -- be right back!

OP
OP
T

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
OK, that may be it -- probably the SXM. Noticed that both Favs and Sports had audio and visual alerts selected and I assume that the visual alerts will only appear if you are on the audio screen.

Changed the settings on those two tabs and deleted the previous owners Favs.

Won't be able to test for sure until tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your insight! :favorites13:

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like that was it. Do note that you may also get special weather alerts as well.

OP
OP
T

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
Other than a beep, is there a visual indicator for weather alerts and, if so, where is that indicator located?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure. I've never had one come up but others on other forums have mentioned it.

OP
OP
T

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
I mentioned this thread to my wife and she recalls today seeing FAV displaying on the radio screen. Seems to support the SXM alert scenario.

OP
OP
T

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
Wanted to update this thread and, yes, it appears it was the SXM radio alerts that were driving us crazy.

Did a two hour road trip today and no stray beeps. :favorites13:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye