Sub enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I stopped by my local car stero shop that does all my work. They have a Obcon box they would like to put in my '13 ram crew cab. Going to the MFGr website I dont see anything listed for a 2013, or even any 4th gen trucks. What it looks like, that they have is the one listed for 3rd gen quad cabs.

High Output with Labyrinth Slot Vent Ported Design Dual 10" - Speaker Boxes USA

Will this work in my truck, and will my CVR 10's work in it with no problems?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These have been discussed before; overly complex for what they are. A simple box would yield you more internal box volume instead of using is up as fancy "labyrinth port". Considering the small internal enclosure box volume you get under a seat, a sealed enclosure may be the way to go. It keeps design simple, uses all space as internal volume which makes your sub selection less critical.
My $.02, YMMV

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried searching for this box but didnt come up with anything. I am sort of at the mercy of what they have on hand here due to my location. No free shipping, or even cheap shipping to Alaska especially on large bulky items like this.

I was just wondering if this would fit since I dont see any listed on their site for the 4th gen trucks. This doesnt even say crew cab, just quad cab.

S

scotts2012ram

It will i have a box made for same year model as that box. Mines made for 12s only thing i had to do was lift my seat with spacers.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
How much did they quote you for the box?

Also where are you located?

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$300 Anchorage Alaska

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I got the box installed today. Got them to drop $100 of the price of the box by giving them my old box from my Chevy since it was flawless. It really fills that void that the stock 8" had. It however is not as nice as the sealed box I had in my Chevy, but that was a dedicated system with crossover and extensive equilizer. Since I listen to a variety of music my initial impression was decent as my ipod had some '60 music and Metallica cued up. Then on the ride home some newer music came on and they came alive! NICE!!!

I talked to the install tech and while I was going over the install and listening to the music I had to flip through a few songs knowing they werent going to be good enough. He commented on my variety of music saying they had to thumb through a ton to find something to set it to. Granted I have a of few "urban" variety but the guy was throughly impressed when I turned on some modern country like Montgomery Gentry! This will do just fine.

Oh, and after all these years running this amp and sub set up I had no idea I am not using my punch 300.1 to its fullest potential. My speakers are dual voice coil 4 ohm speakers but my amp is only 2 ohm load rated. So I guess running these at 150 ohms after all these years isnt so bad. They did quote me $270 for a 1 ohm stable 300 watt amp just in case I want to upgrade.

One last note, I did have them transfer over my gain control knob so I can dial up and down the bass per song since I listen to such a variety. I dont know how anyone could live without one of these. Hell I even had one put in my wife's car and she loves having the ability to adjust the bass level with the knob. It might just be a Fosgate thing, I dont know.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey- glad it worked out so well for you!
The gain knob is invaluable. I couldn't live without one.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you have dual voice coil 4ohm subs and have the voice coils wired in parallel then you are correctly running the 2ohm load required if each sub has its own channel.

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunatly I am runing a Fosgate 300.1 mono amp.

OP
OP

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mount was mounted directly under the right rear seatback behind the box.