Subs for my truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
everyone has their favorite brand.....nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok first the two p3 shallows the new ones put out 400 watts rms a piece which is 800 watt rms underrated and they are made for the best base for the best buck go online you can probably get two for like 220 max thats a steal and they don't take up as much space just saying. my two p3s should better than any other subs in dodge rams other than the type r shallows that i soon to be getting.

Subs don't put out any power period. They take power from an amplifier.

I have a 1500 watt kicker amp, and two type r subs that handle 1000rms a piece. That does not mean that I have a 3500 watt system. I have a 1500 watt system.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Lone Star 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 12" kicker L7 for the longest time in my z71. It was a badass sub and hit extremely hard.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
everyone has their favorite brand.....nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

Lol ^

I can't speak (or type? lol) from personal experience because i've not had these subs in my truck, but my fiance has those kickers in his chevy truck and they sound bad ass. I'd have to say they sound better then the set up I have in my Dodge but being that his truck is an older chevy everything rattles and vibrates from the bass, it doesn't sound quite as good lol.

To the OP, I think you'd be really happy with the kicker set up!

brian3180

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have had many set ups in my day form MTX, JL, Fosgate,T3, Crossfire, Orion, Earthqauke, ECT. I had 2 DVC P3 12s on a 1200w Fosgate amp with a box tuned to 33 htz. ( i custom build most my boxes, exepy my dodge.FOXBOX). I also had 2 Memphis 10" DVC same style box at 33htz runnung of a 250w RMS Mtx amp, and the Memphis hands down demilished the Fosgate with a 1/4 the power. But hey, everyone has their own opinion. So here is mine-
Fosgate-****** sound quality that has to have alot of power.
Kicker- decent sound qaulity with the right amp.
JL- better sound quailty,decent on sensitivity
Alpine - not as good as JL on sound qaulity, but good sensitivity
Memphis- Good sound quality with good sensitivity
T3- awsome, but takes a lot of power
Orion- kicker is way better
Cross fire- a little better that Orion
Earthqauke- Just bass, no quality

I have tried many diffrent set ups, but this is my 3rd. Memphis. I just keep going back to them.And just remeber getting a bigger speaker doesnt mean its going to be louder. There is no difference especially between 10" and 12", just the freqencies they can disburst. Also the bigger the speaker=less quailty. I used to be into nothing but bass, but know i love quality.I get way more complaments from a nicley tuned SQ setup than i ever did with SPL. Sorry just venting. lol
All in all, qaulity is always better.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
please tell me what kicker has that rockford wouldn't **** on the t2 are one of the top subs made that **** on any L5 or L7 you put out there imagine a 15' then.

thr T2, really, the Rockford main SPL sub was the Team RF sub, which my buddy designed FOR Rockford. And it's not a shelf piece and nobody can get it.

And to beat a T2, an L7 or SoloX.
I've seen it happen, many, many times in the last 24 years.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
are there any pre-made boxes for the single cabs? i want to put in at least one sub but i really dont want anything behind the driver seat since i barely fit in there without a sub

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
that first one, isn't Dave rockin' that?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
he did the TS10L3, correct, off 400 watts :D

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how big of a sub can you put under the back seat in a quad cab? 1 have 2-12' alpine subs (from a box that i have in my 06 charger) but now i know i'm a bit restricted on what i can do in my pickup as far a cargo since now i don't have a trunk. I'm planning on putting in at least one of my 12" subs under the rear seat, but not both because i want room to put small tools (I have tonneau cover on the bed so i don't have a toolbox) in it.

When i google search 12" sub boxes for my truck, i only see them in pairs, and not singles.

Sure wish i had the rambox so i can have more storage.

wader999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One 12" Alpine fits under the back passenger side, custom sealed box, no problem. I like and use all of my storage in my truck, that's one reason I picked the dodge.

S

scotts2012ram

I think it comes down to what you like but I'm with brian I've had or install most the big brands. I think kicker and rf have become more about the name then product. I love the older kicker and rf stuff I still have a mid 90s rf 4ch and use it it has lasted all this time but a friend as gone throw 3 new ones in the last 2 years. I've install all 3 and none have broke the same way. Just my view and input.

Arod412 look at fox box they have them for 1or2 12s ported and sealed. They recommended type r alpines

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it comes down to what you like but I'm with brian I've had or install most the big brands. I think kicker and rf have become more about the name then product. I love the older kicker and rf stuff I still have a mid 90s rf 4ch and use it it has lasted all this time but a friend as gone throw 3 new ones in the last 2 years. I've install all 3 and none have broke the same way. Just my view and input.

Arod412 look at fox box they have them for 1or2 12s ported and sealed. They recommended type r alpines

Anybody have pics of the foxbox subs.... i'm curious to see if it lifts the seat. I want to put the one sub on the one side of the seat, but i don't want it to raise any higher than the other side of the quadcab rear seats. i can take a 1\2 inch or even a full 1 inch different, but not much more than that.