Subs not working???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed Superchips and the initial install went in to safe mode. Technician had me disconnect positive and negative terminal on the battery and touch them together for a couple seconds. It corrected the issue and we successfully completed the install.

Now, my subs don't work. All other speakers work, have an amp hooked up to the door speakers, all is fine and they are pumping sound as normal. Amp to the sub is getting power, checked all fuses for everything and all is well. When I play with the input levels on the amp to the subs, I'll get a slight twitch in the subs here and there, but they are completely out. I'm stumped. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Ya, if you have a loc try swapping the rca from the mids to the sub to eliminate the loc as being the issue.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the rca for the subs runs directly from the head unit to the amp. This system has been running for over a year. Subs stopped working right after the superchips install. Wondering if something happened when the neg and pos terminals were touched together. All of my extras were still hooked to the positive terminal.

But, Im confused as to why my subs were affected and not my mids. The mid amp is first in line and power crosses over to the sub amp.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, appreciate you chiming in. I totally forgot when I recently replaced my mids amp I reran the sub rca's directly from the head unit output to the sub amp rather than from running it through the mids amp as it was before. When I disconnected the battery my head unit reset and the subs output got turned off. Simple solution, turned them back on. Lol... they work now! Thanks again for jumping in. :word: