Subwoofer Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok finally back into a truck again after a few years and I am trying to bring my audio system with me but the problem I am running into is fitting my subwoofer I seen in a thread a gentle do a fiber glass bottom but still unsure if I will be able to reuse my current subwoofer which is a RF P3 12 which is a beast but the damn thing has a huge magnet. Thoughts on what I should do I bought a QPower enclosure but it doesnt fit. Does anyone think modding the box with the fiberglass will cure this?

Attachments

• RFP312.jpg
    RFP312.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 155

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will need about 8" of depth to give that sub proper pole venting. Idk how deep you can get out of the storage wells, but you can try and make a baffle to raise the sub a bit.

OP
OP
dale.

dale.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The more I search fiberglass the more I am thinking of making a tub and creating the vent tube like that fox box. First day the new box came so havent done any real measurements yet. Curious of how much materials would cost to create it.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
What are the air space requirements for a vented enclosure?
For sealed it needs a tich over 1 cu/ft....seems like you big obstacle is the magnet, but it doesn't look too big

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would bet to get proper low frequency tune you would need close to 1.5 cubes but that's a guess with a generic off the shelve sub. Try to tune between 35-40hz and I think you'll be happy with output.

OP
OP
dale.

dale.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well today I went out and did some measurements and it looks like I am sol really unless I did the seat spacers and thats a maybe the subwoofer's magnet is 8 inches and to get thaat to fit I would lose about 2 inches of mounting depth on a molded tub. So I think I am in the hunt for a new subwoofer. If anyone has one I maybe interested and taking a look at it. Must be 500w RMS since I dont want to buy a new amp as well. The amp is a RF 750.1D

Boulevardvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That RF 750 should push a Alpine Type R pretty good. My previous setup was a ported fox box with a single Type R and it hit pretty good. I need to sell it but way to heavy to ship.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take a look at Skar VD series sub's, they sound like what u maybe looking for.