Subwoofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering what people are running subwoofer wise. Been looking into sundown recently. Coming from 2 12" type Rs Alpine that were my first so to me they slapped but I'm looking for quality over loudness. Always appreciate info

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
sundown
ct sounds
dc audio
DD audio
soundqubed
FI audio
american bass
incriminator audio
crescendo audio
ampere audio

the list goes on man!

sounds to me like you prefer SQ over SPL

OP
OP
BadHemi

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sundown
ct sounds
dc audio
DD audio
soundqubed
FI audio
american bass
incriminator audio
crescendo audio
ampere audio

the list goes on man!

sounds to me like you prefer SQ over SPL
Yeah an those YouTube videos just can't do much just flap noises. I've heard a jl 12 an it slaps in my coworkers truck, but I'm still thinking sundown is where to go for the price an quality. SA series for the different genres of music. Read the X series if for the real lows

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I've had many different subs, but Iam currently running ARC Audio BLACK 12's. They are without a doubt a sound quality sub. Yes they will get up and boogy when needed, but they really musical, very delicate at lower volumes, very smooth, dig very low and move a lot of air. Lots of subs will fatigue the ear at high volumes, but I can run these subs at high volumes for quite some time because they're simply so smooth. They're also pretty transparent and compliment my front stage very well.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Yeah an those YouTube videos just can't do much just flap noises. I've heard a jl 12 an it slaps in my coworkers truck, but I'm still thinking sundown is where to go for the price an quality. SA series for the different genres of music. Read the X series if for the real lows

i have had both, it has to do a lot with the install also, just about any sub can be integrated into an SQ setup when the enclosure is built right, you could build a 4th order, 6th order, t-line, etc... Yes i agree the SA line is probably the best universal sub for the price/quality but is nowhere near the best SPL or SQ driver, its just a basic entry level all around sub. I would definitely narrow down exactly what you want (loudness over quality) then figure your budget and go from there.

OP
OP
BadHemi

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate all the responses. I went to my local audio store, it would be cool for them to fit under the seat but he said I would have to use 10s an even then the seats might have to stay up for them to work properly. With a sub an nice enclosure I'm thinking around a grand. Still not sure if I will do the install myself. Might have the local shop break my bank so I know I won't screw up any electrical.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I appreciate all the responses. I went to my local audio store, it would be cool for them to fit under the seat but he said I would have to use 10s an even then the seats might have to stay up for them to work properly. With a sub an nice enclosure I'm thinking around a grand. Still not sure if I will do the install myself. Might have the local shop break my bank so I know I won't screw up any electrical.

dude a grand is way too much for that. especially since they will use a prefab sealed box. here you go.

2 X Sundown SD3 10's (in dual 4 ohm impedence)
Sundown Audio SD-3 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series

1 X Twisted Sounds 1.3k watt monoblock
Twisted Sounds TS1.3KW 1300w Monoblock Amplifier - SSA STORE

1 X extreme prefab sealed enclosure ( 2 10" with 9 1/4" cutouts)
2002 to 2013 DODGE RAM QUAD and CREW CAB TRUCK DUAL SUB BOX - SSA STORE

1 X sky high car audio 4g amplifier install kit
SKY HIGH CAR AUDIO 4 AWG CCA AMP KIT - SSA STORE

1 X Audiocontrol LC2i Line out converter (unless you are running an aftermarket headunit)
AudioControl LC2i 2 Channel Line Output Converter w/ AccuBASS and subwoofer control

thats your entire system for a little over a grand, vs. just a box and sub for a grand. Get this stuff go to a shop and they should be able to do a simple install like this for $100-$150 max. or do some watching on youtube and do it yourself. its very simple.

OP
OP
BadHemi

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude a grand is way too much for that. especially since they will use a prefab sealed box. here you go.

2 X Sundown SD3 10's (in dual 4 ohm impedence)
Sundown Audio SD-3 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series

1 X Twisted Sounds 1.3k watt monoblock
Twisted Sounds TS1.3KW 1300w Monoblock Amplifier - SSA STORE

1 X extreme prefab sealed enclosure ( 2 10" with 9 1/4" cutouts)
2002 to 2013 DODGE RAM QUAD and CREW CAB TRUCK DUAL SUB BOX - SSA STORE

1 X sky high car audio 4g amplifier install kit
SKY HIGH CAR AUDIO 4 AWG CCA AMP KIT - SSA STORE

1 X Audiocontrol LC2i Line out converter (unless you are running an aftermarket headunit)
AudioControl LC2i 2 Channel Line Output Converter w/ AccuBASS and subwoofer control

thats your entire system for a little over a grand, vs. just a box and sub for a grand. Get this stuff go to a shop and they should be able to do a simple install like this for $100-$150 max. or do some watching on youtube and do it yourself. its very simple.
Sorry I meant if I had them do the install and everything. I got quoted about 700 for 2 12" jl (I'm sure the cheaper w3) in a box ready to go with install. I'll have to look into all that info. Thank you for the post!

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Sorry I meant if I had them do the install and everything. I got quoted about 700 for 2 12" jl (I'm sure the cheaper w3) in a box ready to go with install. I'll have to look into all that info. Thank you for the post!

it wont be w3's it will most likely be w0's

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A grand for two quality subs, amp, box, wiring, and install is not bad at all. With that being said, these trucks are easy to work on.

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
the right 12's will fit fine under the seats and you don't need the seats up--just need tight 12's with low sealed space requirements, and probably some spacers for your seats. I've been running 2x 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects but I plan on switching to Sundowns or Image Dynamics IDQ's if I can find a good pair used.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
A grand for two quality subs, amp, box, wiring, and install is not bad at all. With that being said, these trucks are easy to work on.

well he isnt sure of the quality yet, if its w0's and some knock off brand wire kit he could do better. the stuff i posted is great quality stuff.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just looked at all those links.
Would that sub box work on a 14 as well?

OP
OP
BadHemi

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to YouTube some videos once I make the purchase.