Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have 3 switches in my truck i need them to work independently of one another but pull power from the battery using 1 wire. How do i accomplish this? Do i just run a jumper wire between the power posts of the switches and connect them that way, Then run the individual wires to the accessories?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Have 3 switches in my truck i need them to work independently of one another but pull power from the battery using 1 wire. How do i accomplish this? Do i just run a jumper wire between the power posts of the switches and connect them that way, Then run the individual wires to the accessories?
Run your "hot", one piece from battery to 1st switch and 2 short pieces for other 2 switches. Using 3 terminals for connecting to switch crimp the long wire and 1 short wire together... crimp the other end of the 1st short wire together with the 2nd short wire and then the last terminal onto the other end of the 2nd short wire. You can now connect them together in series from 1 power source.

You will have to run the wires individually to each light, just mark them on both ends for where they go.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what i figured i would need to do. Just wanted to double check. Now on to what size fuse to put in. Im thinkin 20 amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backwoodsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fuse for your switches doesn't need to be very high if you use relays to get power to your accessories. I wouldn't recommend running power directly to multiple accessories without relays as the amperage on the wire that feeds the switches would potentially be insane. OP what three things are you trying to power? Also the size of fuse that you need is dependent on the circuit its used for. you wouldn't want 20 amp fuse on a 5 amp circuit, but you also don't want to use a fuse that is to small.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^THis^^^

If you are powering a few 1.5A pods, you're probably OK. Anything bigger and I would start looking at running relays.

Figure out your amperage and use this table to figure out whether you'll need relays or not. Anything bigger than about 14GA wire really becomes cumbersome to connect to most switches with the average spade connectors. If your amperage and distance falls into 14 amp or bigger, use relays.

In reality, without knowing what you're trying to install, we're just throwing darts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye